A clan based around artwork, gaming, and much much more.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Make sure to find our chatbox, and catch the live stream! ~RQ

Share | 

Contest ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xRaedqwex
Admin
Admin

Honor : 3679

PostSubject: Contest ideas   Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:52 pm

Post em if you got em

500 honor per one i like and use.

~RQ

Honor : 5497

PostSubject: Re: Contest ideas   Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:35 am

Create your own Mini/Short Game Contest, using RPG maker, create a game that can be considered short, such as 1 boss or within an hour to compelte the game, as i lost my isntructions for free RPG Maker VX, azk will have to supply those :p

Art comp, such as avatars, sigs or no rules to start.

Short-Animation Contest, using gimp or the like create an animated image.

Pivot etc. animation comp. self explanatory.

I deliberately left these short so the rules etc. could be formulated by Ryi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
/ˈiːdʒɨs/
Admin
Admin

Honor : 8185

PostSubject: Re: Contest ideas   Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:11 am

Quote :
Create your own Mini/Short Game Contest, using RPG maker, create a game that can be considered short, such as 1 boss or within an hour to compelte the game, as i lost my isntructions for free RPG Maker VX, azk will have to supply those :p

Could possibly work. I'm not sure how many people could/would enter. We only have so many people that make games with RPG maker. Raed, you and Azk are the only I can think of off the top of my head. The only way I can see this working is if we have at least 5 people enter. It also should not be confined to having to use RPG maker, or even have to make an RPG. Making such specific parameters on a contest that we already have little people to enter would lessen the number of entrants even further.

Quote :
Art comp, such as avatars, sigs or no rules to start.

I see nothing wrong with this. Sounds good. Or even better yet, lets get those SotW (Story and Sig) going again. :D

Quote :
Short-Animation Contest, using gimp or the like create an animated image.

Pivot etc. animation comp. self explanatory.

I can see this working. Pivot is free, so anyone can enter even if they don't already have an animating program. I can't recall it at this time, but I think we already had an animation contest. Maybe that was back in the TK though. If we haven't, I'm all for it.

Personally, I think that we should have some contests that everyone in the forums can easily participate in. One that does not require skill in something. Can't think of anything off the top of my head now, but I'll make sure to post some when I do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zevandir

PostSubject: Re: Contest ideas   Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:30 am

Aegis, contests are ahrd if the people in it are not skileld in the contest topic, and if the contest requires no skill, then wouldn't it be hard to actually win/get a contest going?

And as for the game maker, i could only think of one way to make and build a game.

Heres an idea- LOLCAT contest, make something super funny (either make it up or spot it yourself).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
/ˈiːdʒɨs/
Admin
Admin

Honor : 8185

PostSubject: Re: Contest ideas   Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:05 pm

Quote :
Aegis, contests are ahrd if the people in it are not skileld in the contest topic, and if the contest requires no skill, then wouldn't it be hard to actually win/get a contest going?

Yes, it would be harder to win as more people would enter. It would be easier to start though because there are more people. I'm against contests that require specific skills that most people in the clan don't have because we're so small. We'll only get 4 or 5 people who actually enter and then maybe 1 or 2 that actually submit an entry. So for many contests, we'd just have 2 people going at it with a 50:50 chance of winning for each. If we were a bigger clan, I'd be ok with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zevandir

PostSubject: Re: Contest ideas   Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:30 pm

Ok. Well what contest requires no skills Aegis?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azk

Honor : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Contest ideas   Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:36 am

RPG Maker comp, I like the sound of, and even if not everyone has it, those who are wanting to enter could easily download the 30 day trial (it's all of 20mb or something) and make one, it doesn't even require a whole lot of skill to use, it comes down to time and effort. Anyways, if anyone wanted help I'd be happy to explain all the ins and outs of it.
Also, if that contest goes ahead I just wanna mention that we should be allowed to use scripts and codes to edit our maker =p

Art contest - nothing against it, but it's been done. Over and over.

Short Animation - yeah we did try one of these before, the only people who entered were Aegis and Zev, honestly I think animation is a hard contest to make because it's a pretty fiddly skills which not everyone can do/has time to do.

I can't think of a whole lot atm, but how about a contest where Ryi specifies a well-known online game (such as tetris), links the URL and we have to see who can get the highest score (without cheating =p). Imo that'd be pretty accessible to everyone and could be a quick fun one.

Uhh, we could have like a irl photo competition, like best photo taken (and uploaded). To prove it was yours you'd have to take a series of photos with timestamps and stuff though.

Design-a-??? competition - like a creative writing exercise where we have to design something that Ryi specifies, such as a game, or a book, or a movie, or a fruit. Idk.

Anyways, just throwing random stuff out there to see what people think =p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xRaedqwex
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Contest ideas   Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:32 pm

RPG maker ones would be lame, i doubt anyone would enter.

Art - unless i intend on using it, probably wont have another of these.
SOTW on the other hand has been up (though not looked at) Forever, I would restart it if people actually POSTED!

i lol at animation.

Let's think a little moar out of teh box

~RQ

PostSubject: Re: Contest ideas   Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:20 pm

RPG comps are not lame, how would you like it if I shot a Rocket-Propelled-Grenade at you? Not so lame now huh? And no comment on Azk’s idea? I think it’s the best idea for a contest the clan/s has had for a long-long-long time.

Umm… as for outside the box…. Ryi I can’t think of any other comps…. Killjoy….

Edit-

Wait wait wait, what about this, we have a biggish contest, trying to involve the whole clan.
an artist in each team (two teams)
a writer each
a RPG maker person in each

or more than 1 writer, artist, but RPGer would ahve to be only 1, and the teams each make a game! with art and story completely custom etc.

then that can be the first group contest, but i'm not finished- then, the rest of the clan plays each game, rates which one is better to decide winner, then the eprson with the highest score (dunno how to do that though, ask Azk) wins! so we ahve a winning team and a winning player? plus we give it a theme to do with the clan and we end up with a clan game/story as well! See, i can ramble and come up with amrginally good stuff. Ryi, getting people to join up wouldn't be ahrd to, just tell em they have to, conscription y'know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arata
Creative
Creative

Honor : 6515

PostSubject: Re: Contest ideas   Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:37 am

I actually kinda like that idea :P More people could enter that way :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azk

PostSubject: Re: Contest ideas   Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:48 am

Agreed, we could have a large scale RPG Maker comp, just to expand a bit on Zev's idea in each team there could be a person who comes up with the idea for the game (writes the storyline for it), a character/place designer (gives a bio about each character and place mentioned in the story) and the person who puts the ideas into the RPG Maker and designs the world. This way we could have the few people who can use RPG Maker proficiently be the base of a team and the rest of the people can be creative.
For example, one team could be Zev, Arata, Kate and another could be Me, Bill, FF etc, that way we have lots of people participating and goodness. And yeah, could make it clan based so we get something for the clan then.

(also Ryi, you should read my post I put a few ideas out there which are a bit more out of the box....)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xRaedqwex
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Contest ideas   Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:44 am

That would take far to long, and based on my past reports, when I give you guys more then a week to do something, no one does it. Ill set something like this up if you guys want, but under the rules that you only have one week to do it, and with no over time

And I read your post, nothing caught my eye.

~RQ

PostSubject: Re: Contest ideas   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:18 am

Well one week is far too little time, it would actually be impossible to do it in that time. But meh, if you don't like the suggestions people are putting out there's not much we can do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contest ideas   

Back to top Go down

Contest ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1