Creed of Honor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A clan based around artwork, gaming, and much much more.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Make sure to find our chatbox, and catch the live stream! ~RQ

Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zevandir

Zevandir

Honor : 10193

Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story) Empty
PostSubject: Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story)   Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:22 pm

So, I would rather like to write a story, one that I at least half finish this time. Lol. So, I want to start the first segment of the story, no wait, I'll explain how I want the world to be first.

A region of a larger world (to be explored in further stories) generally being a lush, green land with lots of pastures, sweeping fields, tall, airy forests and great rivers and waterfalls, with a mountain or ten. basically, at the beginning of the story, there are 9 tribes/groups (help me think of a better name :D) which are all based on an Animal, and the animal is what the people not only look like, (sorta), but display the characteristics and behaviours of the animal, at the moment, I want the clans to be based of predatory(generally) animals (mainly European animals though, to keep with the landscape), so far, I thought the animals should be; Lynx, Fox, Eagle, Bear, Wolf, Otter, Snake, Boar and Owl.

Lol, still has lots of planning. Basic storyline- someone unites the tribes, just in time to fight off a greater evil. Pretty cliché but whatever. Now, the really cool bit I thought up (I think its cool anyway) is the fact that the tribes are very warlike. The Bear clan would be something like tall, stocky warriors with battleaxes and heavy plate armour(the helms for all tribes consist of a intricate, well-made helmet of their respective animal.) The wolves would be something like skirmishers, with chain mail and possibly a breastplate, armed with swords and spears. Boars, if there were some, would be more or less the nemesis of the Bears, same armour style but armed with a huge broadsword. The eagles would be archers, armed in chain mail and leather tunics, with long bows. Etc.

If you want to add a bio, that would be great, also, if you have an animal to add, when you do a bio, create that tribe, its customs, animal, armament, etc. I will change if I see fit then add it in! Once we get the nine tribes down packed, I’ll start work on a plan (which I won’t show, better read if you don’t know what’s gonna happen). Then a map, which everyone can help draw I guess. So, if you want to help, post whatever you want, I’m taking the Eagle clan so don’t bother writing a plan for that :D Also, the timeline is somewhere between the medieval ages and the roman age (the later period, where only the Byzantine empire remained.) Not real world mind you, a fictional world, try to hold ties to Europe though, feel free to post names and surrounding regions too if you like. Oh! If you want, make a character (make more than one if you want) from a region outside of tribe-land :D.

Go Go Go! Gonna go write Eagle clan history source thingo.

Reworking the Tribes section into a full blown research section for this story (not research, I'm making it up :D)

Tribes of (insert cool name here)-

The Eagles

The Eagles are a tribe of proud archers, tall and keen, their bones are thin and their bodies slim. The Eagles are not weak, however, for although they cannot fly through the air like the chosen god, the sky god, they can fly upon their legs, great speed and power are at their feet. The Eagles are keen-sighted, and are renowned to be able to spot a moth flittering in the twilight from a mile away. They are close to being the ultimate scout, fast and keen sighted. The Eagles chosen weapons are bows, longbows and shortbows. The Eagles use claws in close combat, although they generally prefer not to get close. When Eagles plan an ambush, they climb high into trees, shooting the enemy and dropping onto them with their talons raised, like their chosen Animal. The Eagles are also proficient with small lances and spears, and occasionally take to the backs of horses, wielding shortbows with
deadly accuracy atop their speeding mounts.

The Eagles live high in the mountains, at home on the cliffs and the tall trees of Mount Eyrie, the stronghold of the Eagles. The Eagles area armoured with mainly green-tinted chainmail, with a leather tunic over the top, occasionally, an Eagle of high prowess will wear a steel breastplate and arm guards, resulting in a fully armoured upper body. The Eagle helms of the Eagles are amazingly well made, they are light and fit well, the eye holes perfect for shooting. The Eagle helms are also very proud, their stern faces giving an air of authority to the Eagles. A good deal of the eagles carry small kite shields, small enough to be held on the bow arm when shooting due to a small leather strap. The Eagles have no wish to conquer the land, but fight viciously for their own land. The Eagles are also like their kin in that they have few newborns, and the ones that are born to them are treasured and protected. Even so, the Eagle’s numbers are thinning.

The Bears (Poppy Bill, if hew wants to do it)-
Rough outline- brutish and savage fighters, the bears are immensly powerfull and tall, about as tall as an Eagle. Rest up to Bill.

The Boars (by including them in his bio, Bill made them a reality)-
Rough outline- similiar to bears, only they are slightly shorter, stockier, and more noble I guess is the word. fights with a huge broadsword. (somebody can pick and do this one)

The Lynx-
Rough outline- Slim and a little on the short side, the Lynx are extremely agile and move without a sound, take it away whoever wants to.

The Otters-
Rough outline- the Otters are like the water-based counterpart of the Lynx, superb swimmers, agile, and similiar build to the Lynx. Based on the great lake in the land, the Otter city stretches out over the lake, with many huts and houses around the edge of the lake. Pick it up from here.

The Wolves-
Rough Outline- the only tribe that does not have a designated city or stronghold, the Wolves travel around their land, camping for at most a few nights. Superb hunters and silent warriors, the Wolves are skilled with spears, swords and daggers, they are generally armoured very similiarly to the Eagles, with skirmishing gear. The wolves are also proficient with the sling. You've got the idea, pick it and create a tribe hsitory piece.

The Mountain Foxes-
Rough outline- lives to the far south of all the tribes, in a mountainous region generally covered in snow all year round. The lands outside this realm are wide, sweeping fields, with a few pockets of trees. The Mountain Foxes are excellent climbers and mountianeers, skilled in the use of crossbows, swords and similiar weapons. (Arata, this one is mainly for you :D)

The Snakes-
Rough outline- Sneaky and sly, the snakes are not direct combatants, they use their poison and dagger skills as Ninjas and Assassins of the world. They can field a force of heavy infantry, however, armed with twin swords tipped with poison. (Nami, thought you might like a turn so I thought up the Assassin thingo).

The Owls-
Rough outline- silent and hard to find, the owls are the sworn enemies of the Eagles, where the Eagle is tall, the Owl is not, but the Owl is silent. Armed with ??? similiar armour to Eagles.

Last edited by Zevandir on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:38 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

Honor : 11373

PostSubject: Re: Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story)   Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:01 am

Forum Name: Poppy Bill
Character Name: Iugolo Fallax
Tribe: Bear

Description: Stands a little over six feet tall, has short black hair and dark eyes. His body is covered in scars form the numerous battles he's been in. He is missing his pinky and third finger from his left hand, and has a large scar on the right side of his face.

Bio: Iugolo was born the son of a lower soldier in the tribe of the Bear. At age twelve, Iugolo was pitted against another child of his tribe, as part of his rite of passage. The battle was fierce, yet one-sided, as Iugolo savagely beat the other child to near death with his bare hands. The Elder of the tribe, impressed by Iugolo's primal fury, had him placed into scouting and raiding parties to learn of war, how to stalk one's enemies and kill them without mercy.

At age eighteen, Iugolo and his raiding party were caught in an ambush set by the tribe of the Boar. Iugolo and his party fought ferociously, and although they were able to escape the trap, many of the Bear died, and Iugolo's face was badly scarred. On top of that, Iugolo had sustained a wound to his left hand that had soon proven to be gangrenous, and two of his fingers had to be amputated. These injuries didn't stop Iugolo, though, and in no time flat, he was back on the frontlines, ready to seek vengeance against all who follow the Boar.

For the next few years, Iugolo engaged members of the tribe of the Boar whenever he got the chance, sometimes ambushing Boar patrols on his own. His name, Iugolo Fallax, was bestowed upon him by his enemies, for although he looks like a normal man, he has the strength of a wild Bear.
Back to top Go down
Zevandir

Zevandir

PostSubject: Re: Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story)   Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:07 am

Sweet as Billeh! Thanks! Now go writes teh Bear history piece, similiar to the Eagle one I did please :D

I assume lugolo means wild, and as such it is meant to be in lowercase? While Fallax means bear and should be recognised with a capital?
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

Honor : 11373

PostSubject: Re: Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story)   Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Oh, actually, Iugolo's name starts with a capital i. His name actually means "Deceitful Killer".

And yeah, I'll write up some Bear history. Want me to PM you, or just post it here?
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

Honor : 11212

PostSubject: Re: Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story)   Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Sounds good then :D I'll write up a bio or two today. And sure thing Zev, I'd be happy to write up the history of the Foxes xD

I also had an idea for the Lynxes, if you wouldn't mind me making that as well :P

P.S. Also, what would you think about having an Owl tribe? Like, in opposition to the Eagles?
Back to top Go down
Zevandir

Zevandir

PostSubject: Re: Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story)   Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:06 pm

That is a good idea Arata! It also fills up the 9th spot :D Then we would have Owl-Eagle Bear-Boar Fox-Wolf Otter-Lynx. Snake. Etc XD And go for Lynx if ya like, I've never seen one :P Although I'm starting to think we should swap Snake for soemthing else.
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

PostSubject: Re: Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story)   Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Forum Name: Arata
Character Name: Mordecai Felicitus
Tribe: Lynx

Description: Stands around 5'11"-6 feet tall, with long-ish dark brown hair, somewhat tan skin, and peculiar yellow eyes whose pupils occasionally turn into slits. Like others of his tribe, he has vague markings similar to whiskers across his cheeks, though they are thin and faded to blend with the skin. He has a large scar across his chest where he was slashed by another of his tribe in a fight, shaped like three large claw marks.

Bio: Mordecai was born into the lowest social strata of his own tribe (common worker, as opposed to army officials or advisors), looked down as an inferior fighter, gatherer, and inferior in intelligence, despite whether those who condescended down to him ever actually knew anything about him. The opposite was very much true. As Mordecai grew older, he became one of his tribe's most talented fighters and grapplers.

Mordecai's mother and father were like any other of their strata, simple workers who built the primitive buildings in which the tribe slept, and gatherers for morsels of food for the civilization. Sometimes, Mordecai's father would be given the privilege to join the Hunters, when they were short a man. Mordecai worked his way up from worker, to eventually becoming part of the Hunters, who went out to search for food for the tribe. One day, when simply wandering about the tribe, Mordecai ran into Felix, son of the Chief's head advisor. The two got into a spat, and Felix challenged him for his impudence. The two used hand-to-hand combat, though they were both equipped with their steel claws (a weapon that is shaped like a cat's claw, strapped across the palm of the hand and held over the back of the hand, used to slash at one's opponent). Felix slashed Mordecai across the chest, inflicting his current scar, though Mordecai won in the end. The Chief and his Advisors took note of this and brought Mordecai up into the ranks of their military, a bittersweet victory for Mordecai, for now he would gain more respect, but had to work alongside Felix.

Mordecai now goes out to battle with his fellow tribesman, and is very fierce in combat, agile and smart. Though he is respected by many, there are plenty who find him impudent. He is one of the more laid back of his tribe. Mordecai wears light leather armor, with another layer of light plating across his forearms and shins, though a portion of his chest is exposed, as he prefers to be as light as possible. He uses steel claws primarily.

Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

PostSubject: Re: Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story)   Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Forum Name: Arata
Character Name: Eira Volpes
Tribe: Fox

Description: Stands at around 5'4"-5'6". Has long white hair with brownish yellow eyes. Pale skin, with a nimble figure. Has small mark on her shoulder representing a fox within a crescent moon.

Bio: Eira is a young woman who was orphaned at the age of 9. Her parents were killed in a conflict with the Wolf Tribe and left her in the care of the Tribe's Medicine Man, Tuso. Tuso taught Eira the art of treating wounds and illnesses when needed in their village, and he began to follow him around on callings from others within the tribe, helping him deliver medicine about the mountains. Tuso was an older man, and used to be one of the most respected men of the Fox Tribe's army, though his growing age (Now 56) and a crippled hand forced him to retire to Medicine Man. He can still use his hand now that it has recovered, but not quite as versitily as before. When Eira turned 16, Tuso began to teach her the art of the sword, training her with a long single edged blade, very sharp and effective in sweeping arcs (similar to a katana).

Eira, despite the fact that she was a woman (who were generally thought of less than men), became a very well known and feared swordsmaster, and now goes with the army whenever possible, looking to kill the very Wolves who killed her family.

Eira is generally reserved and cold towards others, especially those who look down upon her or doubt her abilities (especially men, unless they earn her respect or is close friends with them), but is lively in the presence of her friends. She specializes in the use of swords like katanas, and is a talented duelist.
Back to top Go down
ookaminami

ookaminami

Honor : 20513

PostSubject: Re: Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story)   Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:28 am

I want to help and stuff, but I have to finish like 3 papers first. ^_^ so I'll write something towards the end of the week or weekend.
Back to top Go down
Zevandir

Zevandir

PostSubject: Re: Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story)   Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:38 am

Ok cool Nami xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story)   Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community story thingo (formerly Zev's New story)
Page 1 of 1