Creed of Honor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A clan based around artwork, gaming, and much much more.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Make sure to find our chatbox, and catch the live stream! ~RQ

The God King

Go down 
+4
ookaminami
Frozen Fighter
Arata
Poppy Bill
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

Honor : 11254

The God King - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 6:31 am

Sweet chapter Bill! Very nice :P
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

Honor : 11415

PostSubject: Chapter 29: Gathering and Revelation   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Arata, Azk, and Selena burst through the Keel Haul's front door. Bianca examined each of them. It was said that those who ventured into Harmony's haunted halls never returned. Selena appeared shaken, though not too terribly. The young man, Arata, looked the worse out of all three, his skin visibly paler than usual. Azk, of course, looked unchanged.

Bianca gave Arata a quick once over. "You look like you've seen a ghost." the shopkeeper remarked.

Arata glanced at the the woman. "Oh, you don't know the half of it." was all the duelist said.

As the three made their way back up to the room they were borrowing from Bianca, Azk continued to stare at the dark dagger, Nebulous. The weapon spoke to the assassin silently in his thoughts. It had been speaking to him ever since he grabbed it at Harmony. The assassin couldn't help but wonder if this was what bearing the Ring of Poison was like for Bill. Bill had carried that artifact for twelve years without succumbing to it's lethal whispers, a true testament of the warrior's willpower.

Arata slowly pushed the bedroom door open, walked over to the small bed and flopped on top of it. Azk walked over to the window, still examining Nebulous. Selena walked over and sat on the edge of the bed, next to Arata. The duelist sighed. What had started as a simple quest to retrieve Hokkyoku had turned into a race for the six keys of the apocalypse.

But a race against who? The group had recovered two out of the six keys, and still they had no idea what they were up against. All they knew was that this group seemed to possess unlimited resources and equally unlimited forces.

Arata sighed again and sat up, unintentionally flinching at Selena's presence. Selena didn't seem to mind. In fact, it seemed she was lost in her own thoughts.

"Shouldn't Xavier and Bill have returned by now?" Selena asked aloud. Arata shrugged. He didn't know. He was tired from his bizarre ordeal in the orphanage.

Azk ignored the question, though his gaze finally snapped away from the cursed dagger toward Selena. The assassin couldn't help but wonder what Dante had meant by "I hope the key reawakens my mistress". Was Selena hiding something from them? And if she was, what?

"Reawaken..." Azk mumbled, glancing back at the cursed dagger.

Selena turned toward the assassin. "Did you say something?" she asked.

Azk hesitated for a moment before shaking his head. How could he think Selena was hiding something from him? She loved him, and he loved her. If she had a secret, she'd tell him...

Right?

There was a loud POP! and suddenly Xavier appeared, holding Aero and a strange medallion in one hand. "Guys, we're in trouble!" Xavier said.

"Is that Aero?" Azk asked, taking a step toward the wiry mage.

"Where'd that medallion come from?" Arata asked. "And why are you holding both of those with just one hand?"

"Where's Bill?" Selena asked, her eyes revealing her fear.

"It was a trap." Xavier explained, dropping Aero on the floor. "Someone named Anselm got there first. He killed the monks, tried to steal Aero, broke my shoulder," Xavier motioned to his broken shoulder. "Captured Bill, and destroyed Mobius!"

The three Twilight Knights blinked, unsure of how to respond. Mobius was destroyed? Bill had been captured?

"He said that if we don't bring him the remaining elemental keys in the next twenty-four hours, he's going to destroy every city on the face of Lore." Xavier continued. "And kill William."

The Twilight Knights glanced at each other. Suddenly, Azk grabbed Nebulous and threw it to the floor. "Damn it all!" the assassin roared, turning toward the window and resting his head on the glass pane.

"Azk..." Selena said, standing up and moving toward the angered assassin, trying to calm him down.

"We worked so hard for these keys!" Azk fumed. "And now...now we have to hand them over, unless we want Lore to turn into a smoking ruin!"

The group was silent. What could they do? They could keep the keys and refuse, but then they would be dooming Bill and dooming all of Lore at the same time. They could hand over the keys, but then what? What did this Anselm character even want with these weapons?

"I think we know what to do." Selena spoke. All eyes fell on her.

"We need to surrender the keys."

Arata's eyes widened in shock, Azk stared at his love, and Xavier snorted.

"Of course this witch wants to side with the bad guy." Xavier remarked.

Selena slapped Xavier hard across the face, sending the mage sprawling across the floor. "What did you just call me?" Selena asked, enraged. "I'm thinking of Bill and Lore here! What would you do? Sacrifice both of them?"

Xavier glared at the woman. "If only these two knew what an embarassment you are to the Mage's Guild..." the mage growled. Selena blinked, her demeanor suddenly changing. She reached down and offered Xavier her hand. The mage slapped it away, standing up on his own.

"To get to Anselm, we use this." Xavier said, holding up the odd medallion he had recieved from Anselm. "It's a dweomer. It'll teleport us directly to his fortress, I'm assuming." Xavier scanned the three other knights. "What's our plan?"

Azk sighed. "We have to surrender the keys, as much as I don't want to."

Xavier blew out a sigh. Arata's face went sullen. Selena stared at the floor. It was over. This Anselm man had won.

There was a sudden POP! and suddenly, there was a man standing right in the center of the room. The man wore a forest green cloak and had two thin longswords strapped onto his back. Oddly, the man had a quiver full of arrows, but seemed to be missing a bow.

After regaining his senses, the man quickly scanned the room. "Which one of you is Azk?" the man asked, throwing his hood back. "I was told to report to him."

"I am Azk." The assassin said, stepping forward. "You were told to report to me by whom?"

The man gave a quick bow. "Razackie." he explained. "My name is...well, it isn't important. I am called Frozen Fighter. I'm a ranger and the newest addition to the Twilight Knights."

"A pleasure." Azk said. "Let me bring you up to speed on the-"

"No need." Frozen interjected. "Razackie already informed me of your quest." Frozen blinked, suddenly realizing who this was. "You were the one Fyra and Cyra were after!"

Azk flinched. "No worries." The ranger said. "They already got what they wanted..."

"And what was that?" Arata asked.

Frozen turned to him. "My bow, Yumi. Don't know why they wanted it, but they tried to kill me for it."

"I'm sorry...but did you say 'Yumi'?" Azk asked, anxiousness lining his voice.

"Yeah." Frozen said. "I aim to get back what they stole."

Azk clenched his teeth. That meant that the enemy and the Twilight were tied three to three.

"We're contemplating on whether we should surrender our own keys." Selena explained to the confused ranger. She sighed.

"Looks like we have to."

Bill sat in Anselm's chambers, feeling very uncomfortable. Anselm had done nothing but stare at Bill ever since they arrived. "How did you survive?" Anselm asked.

Bill cocked an eyebrow. "How did I survive what?"

Anselm didn't respond. He simply stared at Bill. "You've grown into a nice young man, William. That is your full name, yes?"

Bill nodded, incredibly creeped out by this man.

Anselm shot forward suddenly, his face inches from Bill's. "Why did I not see it earlier?" Anselm mused to himself. "You have your father's hair...and your mother's beautiful eyes."

Bill's face revealed his confusion. "Are you saying that you knew my parents?" he asked the robed man.

"What do you know of your biological parents, William?" Anselm asked, yellow eyes gleaming.

"Uh..." Bill cleared his throat. "My mother died giving birth to me, and my father gave me up for adoption when I was just a babe."

"Lies!" Anselm shrieked, backing up from Bill and turning toward his dank chamber. "Your mother never died giving birth to you! She was alive and well when you were born! She is the one that named you William! She was murdered!"

"W-what?" Bill asked.

"And your father..." Anselm fumed, pacing the room, his anger mounting. "Your father would have never given you up! He loved you, William, with all his heart!"

Anselm turned toward Bill. "And he still loves you with all his heart."

Bill warily stood up, a sick feeling of realization coming over him. "What do you mean?" Bill asked, though he feared the answer.

Anselm came close to Bill, placing his hands on Bill's shoulders. "William, I am your father."

Anselm wrapped his arms around Bill in a hug. Bill, however, too shocked by the horrifying news, merely stood there.
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:52 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big revelation!
Back to top Go down
Yopomo

Yopomo

Honor : 9974

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 6:08 pm

LORD VADAR WHEND YUO GET HERE :P very nice chapter
Back to top Go down
ookaminami

ookaminami

Honor : 20555

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Star Wars moment. >_>
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

Honor : 10639

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:01 am

Luke, I am your father!
Back to top Go down
ookaminami

ookaminami

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:15 am

NOOOO! Lol
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Chapter 30: Punishment   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Bill didn't move from Anselm's--no, his father's!--embrace. He was too shocked by the news. This man...this monstrosity...was his father? How could that be possible? Anselm broke off the hug and stepped back to look at his son.

"Thirty years..." Anselm mused. "For thirty years, William, I believed you were dead." Anselm cocked his head, curious. "How did you do it, my son?" he asked. "How did you survive?"

Bill didn't respond. Anselm's words continued to echo in his mind.

"It doesn't matter." Anselm said, answering his own question. "Come!" Anselm said, patting Bill on the back and leading him out of his chambers towards the upper castle. "We have a lot of catching up to do, my son."

The upper castle seemed to reflect Bill's current disposition. It was depressing, with remnants of old paintings scattered on the walls and the floors. The celing in the foyer had apparently collapsed years ago, allowing the sunlight to stream in. Soldiers in crimson mulled about, talking, eating, and the like. Some eyed Bill with contempt, recognizing him as one of the enemy, but one quick warning glare from Anselm put the glaring soldiers in their places.

Anselm led Bill down a large corridor and into a very well-furnished room. A girl dressed in an earthy green dress stood by the window, sighing to herself. As the door swung open, the girl jumped, turning toward the door and keeping still.

"While I have a room made up for you," Anselm said to Bill. "You'll be sharing a room with Miss Leyla." Bill turned and examined the girl. She was very pretty, with long dark brown hair and emerald green eyes. She looked to be around Arata's age.

And she appeared frightened.

It was clear to Bill that this girl, Leyla, was obviously being held here against her will.

"This won't be a problem, will it, William?" Anselm asked.

Bill turned back to his "father". "Uh...no. No, this'll be fine." the warrior replied.

Anselm chuckled. "Good!" he said, clapping his hands together. "I'd love to stay and catch up, but I have a... few loose ends to tie up."

Just as Anselm was about to leave the bedroom, a cry rang out from the hallway. "Master Anselm!"

Two women rushed down the hallway, one clutching her stomach, which appeared to be bleeding.

"Fyra! Cyra!" Anselm greeted. "Back so soon from your latest mission?"

The woman in red (Who was also clutching her bleeding belly) nodded. She fell to one knee and pulled a bow from around her torso. "I present to you, my master, the elemental key of light: The blessed bow, Yumi."

"Damn it all." Bill cursed under his breath.

Anselm cackled in sheer delight. "That makes three!" he said. "And in a matter of hours, the Twilight Knights will surrender the other three!"

Bill snorted loudly, drawing the looks of Anselm, Leyla, Fyra and Cyra. "The Twilight Knights will never surrender the keys, Anselm." Bill said, steeling his gaze.

Anselm laughed, walking closer to his son. "They will if they don't want Lore reduced to a smoking ruin." Anselm put his arm around Bill's shoulders, an act that made the Twilight Knight shudder. "I know your loyalty with the Twilight Knights runs deep, my son, but I must ask you to forget them. When my new world is established, we won't need them anymore."

Anselm turned back to Fyra, who was still holding Yumi. "Since you have Yumi in tow," Anselm asked. "Can I assume the ranger dead?"

Fyra and Cyra blinked, then looked to the ground. "So, let me get this straight." Anselm asked, walking closer to the twins. "First, you let the assassin slip through your fingers, nearly costing us the Magnama axe..." Anselm bent down, staring at Fyra directly. "Then when I give you the order to eliminate the ranger, you half-ass it, stealing the bow but sparing the fool!"

"One man cannot make a difference." Fyra replied, keeping her gaze on the floor.

"Wrong!" Anselm roared. "One man is all it takes to make a difference!" Anselm stood up, paced around the sisters, then knelt before Fyra again. "Obviously," Anselm began. "My faith in you was misplaced."

Fyra looked at her master, sudden fear in her red eyes. "Because we didn't kill one lousy ranger?"

Anselm burst into laughter. Bill and Leyla shuddered. "'Lousy'?" Anselm repeated. "Hardly lousy if he managed to escape from your execution and injure you like this!" Anselm jabbed his finger into Fyra's stomach wound, causing the Pyromancer to double over in pain.

"Fyra!" Cyra cried, about to stand up.

"Kneel, Cryomancer!" Anselm roared, his words carrying the weight of a magical enchantment. Cyra immediatly fell back to the floor, in a kneeling position. Anselm grabbed Fyra by her blonde hair and dragged her into Leyla's bedroom.

Bill rushed at Anselm, grabbing him and throwing him off of Fyra. Anselm stumbled, but didn't lose his balance. "Hold it!" Anselm cried, his spell aimed at Bill. The warrior froze, unable to move a muscle.

"What?..." Bill asked, surprised and confused.

Anselm grabbed Fyra's hair and resumed dragging her again. "Punishment must be dealt out, William." Anselm explained, throwing Fyra on the cold, stone floor. He knelt down, placing his knee on Fyra's injured stomach. Fyra howled in pain, but Anselm ignored her. An odd gleam seemed to enter his eyes.

The lich reached down and grabbed Fyra's head with one, strong hand. "I don't tolerate failure, Fyra." Anselm explained. "Not. One. Little. Bit." Fyra began to cry. She kicked and punched, trying futilely to fight back. But Anselm didn't budge. He pressed his hand down, pushing Fyra's head against the stone floor. Fyra's eyes bulged. She let loose a bloodcurdling scream. Then suddenly...

CRACK!

Blood and brain matter spouted from Fyra's crushed skull. Anselm's normally white robes were dyed crimson from the Pyromancer's blood.

"Fyra!" Cyra screamed, tears streaming down her face. "No!"

"I will not accept failure!" Anselm said, turning toward Cyra. "Not when we're so close to our goal!" Anselm snapped his fingers, releasing Cyra and Bill from his paralysis spell. Anselm turned toward the door of the bedroom, where a small crowd had gathered.

Anselm looked at the crowd, yellow eyes glowing. "Someone clean this mess up and dispose of that body." The lich turned toward his son, whose expression revealed his horror. "I wish we had time to catch up," Anselm said, patting Bill on the back. "But like I said, I have a few loose ends to tie up." Anselm turned and slipped through the crowd, returning to his underground chambers.

Bill continued to stare at the corpse of the girl. Blood was pooling around her crushed head. Her eyes revealed her last emotion: Fear.

"Oh, god, Fyra!" Cyra sobbed, falling to her knees. "My sister!..." Bill knelt down beside the crying girl and patted her on the back. He knew what it was like to lose someone close.

Cyra turned unexpectedly and wrapped her arms around Bill, needing some kind of embrace. Bill hesitantly returned the embrace, patting the sobbing woman on her back. Leyla walked over to the body, her expression sorrowful. "That monster..." Leyla muttered.

"Well, it would seem Anselm has wasted yet another resource." a voice came from the doorway.

The three turned, Bill's eyes narrowing at the man and his partner. "Xanhast." Bill growled.

The vampire chuckled at the sight of the body, but his partner, Nami, was in shock. "By the gods..." she whispered.

"Bill! I'd never would've expected to see you here." Xanhast replied. Bill let go of Cyra, stood up and strode over to the vampire. The two glared at each other.

"We have unfinished business, vampire." Bill growled.

"Indeed." Xanhast concurred. "But not now."

Bill unsheathed Mandurugo, which flared brightly. "Yes, now!" Bill said. "For stealing Magnama from Arata and myself!"

Leyla suddenly perked up. "Arata?" she asked. "Did you just say Arata?"

"You and that blue-haired kid bet Magnama, and lost it fairly." Xanhast retorted. "Don't insult me by saying we stole it."

Leyla walked closer to the arguing men. "Arata...he is...alive?" Leyla asked.

Bill and Xanhast turned toward Leyla. "Yes, he is alive." Bill said, turning back to Xanhast. "Now, back to-"

"Enough!" Xanhast growled. "I didn't come here to fight! I came here to ask for Leyla's help. It is fortunate that you are here, William."

Bill, Leyla, and Cyra cocked their heads.

"Nami and I do not trust Anselm any longer." Xanhast explained. "Fyra's murder shows that Anselm will do whatever it takes to get what he wants, even if it means sacrificing lives."

"He won't speak about his plans, either." Nami said, trying hard not to stare at Fyra's mutiliated body. "I think he's going to do something terrible with the six keys."

Bill was silent for several moments. His face suddenly lit up. "Are you talking about...a revolt?"

Xanhast grinned. "Anselm may not know it, but many soldiers are intensly loyal to me. We should have no problem staging a coup. It should be even easier with you here, William. Anselm seems to like you."

Bill couldn't help but grin. Perhaps even from confinement, he might be able to help the Twilight Knights yet!

"What does this have to do with me?" Leyla asked.

"Anselm needs you for something." Nami answered. "Without you-"

"All his plans are for naught." Leyla finished. The druid was silent for a few moments. "All right." She said. "I'm in."

"And so am I." Cyra said, slowly standing up. "I'm gonna avenge you, sis." Cyra whispered. "Just you wait."

Xanhast laughed. With Nami, Cyra, Leyla, and Bill, this coup might actually work.
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:35 pm

:O Mutiny!
Back to top Go down
ookaminami

ookaminami

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:34 pm

mutiny! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:19 pm

I suppose this message is more for me than anyone else, but I would like to finish The God King by this weekend...or get close to finishing, anyways. We're almost to the end of the story, folks! Wewt wewt!
Back to top Go down
ookaminami

ookaminami

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:33 pm

cool bill. =D
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 8:17 am

Shweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:48 pm

:O Awsum
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Chapter 31: Shadows of the Past   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 5:26 pm

Anselm sat in his chambers, in the center of the six braziers. Hokkyoku, Magnama, and Yumi lay before him, his gaze never leaving them. The blue, yellow, and red flames seemed extra lively in the presence of the three elemental weapons. Anselm chuckled as he noticed the green, black, and silver flames began to dance more excitedly.

"They are coming." Anselm said to himself. "As expected, of course."

His yellow eyes glowed with ominously. His goal was almost within reach. Still, without the Millenial Gate, the six keys would prove to be completely useless.

Anselm shook his head and stood up. He had faith that the Millenial Gate would appear soon enough. He just needed to be patient. He had sent scouts to search some of the most remote areas in all Lore. He would find the gate, he assured himself. It would be all just a matter of time.

The gargoyle bust shifted, a sure indication that someone was on their way into Anselm's chambers.

"Enter." Anselm barked gruffly, not recognizing the soldier's life energy aura.

The soldier stepped through. She was a young woman, dressed in the standard crimson armor that was employed throughout Anselm's army. She gave a quick salute.

"Master Anselm, I bring news." the soldier said.

Anselm turned to face her. "Report, soldier."

"Sir!" she saluted again. "One of the scouts has returned from his mission."

Anselm's eyes glowed.

"He has returned with the whereabouts of the gate, sir." she said.

At first, Anselm was quiet. Then, he tilted his head back and exploded into cackling laughter. As his laughter subsided, Anselm looked at the girl. "Take me to the scout." The lich commanded. "I want to debrief him personally."

As Anselm and the soldier exited the chamber, Anselm whispered something, almost as if he were speaking to an invisible entity:

"Checkmate."

The sensations of teleporting were nothing new to the Twilight Knights. After all, they had relied on Xavier's and Selena's skills with such magic to get from place to place quickly. Anselm's enchanted pendant functioned the same. The five Twilight Knights--Azk, Selena, Xavier, Arata, and Frozen Fighter--could feel their physical beings being stretched and squashed.

As soon as the sensations had started, they abruptly ended, dropping the Twilight Knights into the foyer of an old, run-down castle. Azk, being the most lithe of all the Twilight Knights, dropped low into a crouch and began to carefully examine the area. They all knew they were walking into a trap, but they didn't want to be caught off-guard by any type of gimmick Anselm might try to pull.

Arata walked over to a nearby hallway, readying his katana as he did so. He poked his head through...

But no one was to be seen.

Frozen gripped the hilts of his swords tightly, not totally sure what to expect.

"There's no one here, you know." a voice called out from the second floor.

All eyes flew toward the source of the voice. A man in brilliant white robes stood at the top of the stairs, his eyes appearing to glow an ominous yellow.

"That's him." Xavier whispered to his partners. "Anselm."

"I'm glad you all decided to play ball with me." Anselm continued, either ignoring or not noticing Xavier. "It saves me so much trouble." He paused for a moment. "If you would be so kind, set the keys on the floor and back away slowly."

"Where are the rest of your men?" Azk asked, clenching Tectonic tightly.

"My soldiers are assembled in the courtyard." Anselm explained. "I was just about to speak to them. It is fortunate you arrived when you did."

"Where's Bill?" Selena asked.

Anselm's eyes scanned Selena. "Well, well, well..." Anselm said, clasping his hands together. "The infamous Selena Nightingale, now a reformed heroine? You four are brave to travel with such a dangerous woman. Frankly, I'm surprised she didn't slit your throats while you were asleep."

"What are you talking about?" Azk asked. "Selena isn't dangerous. We've known her for months!"

Anselm dashed down the stairs faster than any of the knights could blink. He slowly made his way to Selena, chuckling as he did.

"They don't know your tale, Selena?" Anselm asked in a mocking tone. "Shall I enlighten them?"

Selena looked at the man with pleading eyes. "Please don't." Selena whispered to him when he drew close. "They're all I have."

Anselm snorted and shifted his attention to the four other Twilight Knights. "Did you know that you are travelling with a murderess?" he asked.

Arata, Azk, and Frozen shared a confused look. Xavier seemed to hide under his hood.

"Selena..." Azk said, looking at her intently. Selena couldn't look at Azk directly.

"It's true." Anselm continued, enjoying the sudden tension in the room. "You see..." Anselm began, but then he stopped. The lich laughed. "Perhaps this is a tale best told by the murderess herself."

Anselm turned to Selena and outstretched his hand. "Tell them what you did." Anselm commanded.

Selena clenched her teeth, struggling against the weight of Anselm's command. "Please don't..." Selena whispered. "Mercy...please..."

"I don't deal in mercy, girl." Anselm retorted. "Speak!"

"I was a young girl." Selena suddenly began, unable to resist Anselm any longer. "It was around the time of the Great Undead Invasion. The undead swarmed out from Shadowfall, all of them were under the Doomknight Sepulchure's command."

"My parents were talented mages." Selena continued. "I asked them about Sepulchure, why we didn't just storm into Shadowfall and do away with him. My father told me that we would be no better than Sepulchure if we did that. I hated that answer. How could we just sit by and watch innocents get slaughtered? Why didn't we just kill Sepulchure and end this nightmare all ready?"

"Because it was wrong, according to my parents." Selena said, tears beginning to form around her eyes. "But I hated that answer. I swore that I would eradicate the evil flowing from this land, no matter the cost. When I was fifteen, I began to study Necromancy in secret. If I was going to battle evil, I wanted to know what their strengths and limitations were."

Azk's jaw dropped. "Selena, are you being serious?" he asked. Selena ignored him. She continued with her tale, Anselm's magic compelling her.

"But my actions were not unnoticed." Selena continued. "Two years after I began practicing the Dark Arts, I was discovered by my younger brother, Thomas." Tears were rolling down Selena's cheeks now. Her voice was choked with sobs. "When he saw what I was doing, he became hysterical. I tried to explain myself, I tried to tell him that I was learning Necromancy to fight it. But he didn't listen. He tried to tell our parents..." Selena broke off. She couldn't continue.

"Tell them." Anselm said.

"I...I don't know what happened. I only wanted to stop him..."

"What did you do?" Arata asked, gripping his katana tightly.

"I cast a spell." Selena croaked out. "A spell I had read about. It...it was only supposed to stop him. But..."

"It killed him." Anselm finished. "In a flash of red mist, your brother fell dead."

Selena was crying.

"And how did you feel, Selena?" Anselm asked. "As you took his life?"

"I felt...good." Selena answered, ashamed of herself. "I felt powerful."

"I couldn't hide what happened from my family." she continued. "My parents eventually found out my dark secret. Knowing they would expose me and destroy my efforts for peace in this world, I killed them too."

"By the gods..." Azk muttered, suddenly sick to his stomach. Arata looked very much the same.

"I reanimated their corpses to test my power, and to keep up appearances. Days went by, followed by weeks and months. But no one noticed my parent's deaths, because to them, my parents had simply become recluses."

"Once I had learned everything I could from Necromancy, I hungered for more. More knowledge, more power. I would learn everything I could about the Dark magic practices. It wasn't too long before I heard word of a man who had the power to control the very shadows around us. The man's name was Zoromir, the last of the Shadowmancers."

"After I found him, I convinced him to teach me all that he knew. He reluctantly accepted me, believing that the dark powers would consume me. Months passed, but I didn't falter. In time, Zoromir saw me as his most talented pupil."

"Even though Zoromir was becoming more fond of me, however, I was all ready plotting his death. Zoromir, after all, was a servant of darkness and evil. He needed to be destroyed. Once I had learned all that I could from him, I turned on him. He was shocked, needless to say. A great battle between us ensued, but although I was talented in Necromancy and Shadowmancy, I was no match for Zoromir's power. Fleeing from his tower, I grabbed my tome and rushed from the place."

"But Zoromir wasn't finished with me. As I was fleeing the area, Zoromir cast a spell at me. The spell was designed to destroy my mind, turning me into a vegetative state. Acting quickly, I cast a protective ward on myself. It worked, to a degree. While I retained most of my brain functions, I lost all my memories. When I awoke, I had no idea where I was, or who I was."

Tears were still steaming from Selena's face as she finished her tale.

"I don't believe this." Azk growled. "You've been lying to us for two months!"

"No!" Selena objected. "I didn't lie to you! I would never have lied to you! I love you, Azk. I love all of you! If I had told you the truth--"

"Murderer, traitor, and liar..." Anselm cut in. "Is there anything you aren't, Miss Nightingale?"

Selena placed her hands on her face. She felt trapped. How could she explain herself to Azk? To the others?

Azk tossed Anselm Tectonic. Anselm caught it, eyes gleaming.

"Surrender the keys." Azk growled.

"What?" Arata and Frozen both asked in unison.

"Surrender the damn keys!" Azk reiterated.

"Azk, look, I know you're angry." Arata said. "But you're acting out of anger! We can't just give up the keys. That wasn't part of the--"

"Plan's changed." Azk replied gruffly. "Anselm was gonna get the keys one way or another." The assassin eyed Selena with open contempt. She had killed her family (and probably others) in cold blood. She turned against her master. She lied to Azk.

Azk thought back to the past two months. Had Selena really meant it when she had said that she loved him? Was she just using him?

"I'll deal with you once we return to the Twilight Realm." he said coldly to the Shadowmancer.

Xavier dropped Aero on the floor, and Azk tossed Nebulous to Anselm.

"What a cruel thing the heart is, huh?" Anselm asked, scooping up Aero. "Decieving us. Hiding the truth from our eyes. Yes, it really is--"

But before Anselm could finish, sounds of metal on metal rang out from the courtyard. Screams and cries echoed through the castle's halls.

A wounded soldier rushed into the foyer, holding her bleeding head. "Master Anselm!..there's a...riot...revolt...courtyard..." the soldier fell down, unconscious.

Anselm's eyes flared in anger. "Revolt? There could be only one person..."

Anselm leapt up the stairs, and sprinted down the hall.

"I'm going to kill that wretched vampire!"
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Q_Q Intense chapter.

Oh, and Mutiny!!
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:26 pm

Wow, revelations left and right! Hey...isn't Zoromir a name in Executioner? :P
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 12:42 am

Yep. It is. But I had actually always planned for Zoromir to be the Master Shadowmancer.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Chapter 32: What Sleeps Behind the Gate?   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Bill stood off in the room's corner, leaning against the cool stone wall. On the bed lay Leyla, her hands clasped together, resting on her stomach. Xanhast, Nami, and Cyra were off making secret alliances with sections of the Onyx Skull Army. In the meantime, Bill and Leyla were told to stay and wait in their chamber until Xanhast summoned them.

"We'll need all of the soldiers we can get if we want to break away from Anselm" Xanhast had said.

Bill glanced over at Leyla. At first glance, Leyla did not look like a soldier who had experienced combat. Her skin was fair, devoid of any type of blemish or imperfection. Her emerald eyes shone with a youthful innocence.

But there were signs. Bill was once told that the calm before the storm is the most nerve-wracking experience a soldier faces. But Leyla didn't appear worried. Her breathing was steady. She twiddled her fingers, quietly whistling some melody to herself. She was calm and collected.

"So...Bill, was it?" Leyla said suddenly.

Bill nodded. "That's correct."

"You are a Twilight Knight?" she asked.

Again, Bill nodded. "Yep, the newest of their ranks, I believe."

Leyla rolled over, coming to a seat on the edge of the bed. "How did you end up here?" she asked.

Bill regarded her curiously. "What do you mean?"

"How did you wind up in Anselm's clutches?"

"Ah." Bill said, understanding. "I was defeated. We had just retrieved Aero when Anselm showed up."

"Ah." Leyla said.

An awkward silence filled the air. Leyla studied Bill for a moment. He looked...familiar, almost. But Leyla knew she had never met this man before. Still, the feeling of familiarity ensued.

"Have we ever met before?" Leyla asked.

Bill chuckled. "No, we haven't. I'm sure I'd remember you if we had."

Leyla still felt like she had at least seen him before. He had bright, fiery orange hair, and the oddest violet eyes...

Leyla gasped. An image flashed in her mind. An image of a younger Anselm, and of a pregnant Lillandra.

"Is there something wrong?" Bill asked, on guard due to Leyla's gasp.

Leyla continued to observe Bill. What an odd (or perhaps cruel) twist of fate.

"You're his son." Leyla stated quietly.

Bill blinked in surprise, but said nothing, confirming Leyla's statement.

What a cruel twist of fate, Leyla thought. Anselm truly had nothing. His wife was killed. His name was muddied. He believed his son had died, and yet, just by looking at Bill's face, Leyla could tell Bill held no love for his "father". Anselm's son wasn't dead, but he might as well be.

"Anselm isn't my father." Bill said coldly. "I would never accept that monster as my father."

Leyla looked like she was just about to say something, when the door to her chamber swung open. Xanhast, Nami, and Cyra all strode in. Xanhast wore the largest smile Bill had ever seen on a vampire.

"Ready to riot?" he asked.

"I'm going to kill that wretched vampire!" Anselm screamed.

The words echoed through the broken and twisted halls of the forgotten castle, echoing clearly into the courtyard. Xanhast's men pressed into Anselm's loyal soldiers, slaughtering them.

"He's coming!" Cyra called out, freezing an approaching soldier, then smashing him to pieces.

"Let him!" Xanhast growled. "Today, the Onyx Skull will have a new leader!"

Bill parried the soldier he was fighting, then drove Mandurugo through his armor, piercing his heart. He wasn't so sure about Xanhast's statement. He had witnessed Anselm get crushed by a half ton of snow and rock and walk away from it.

A soldier rushed behind Bill, raising his sword high...

And then stopping. He looked up, only to see vines constricting his hands together. Bill looked to his side and gave a quick nod of appreciation to Leyla. He then drove Mandurugo through the knight's armor, killing him.

Off to the left, Nami rolled and parried, dodging almost any attack that came her way. Her weapons were light, and her kimono gave her more freedom and flexibility than metal armor. She worked circles around the soldiers attacking her, slicing, stabbing, and parrying blow after blow.

Suddenly, a tremor shook the courtyard. A blast of energy blew the courtyard's doors off their hinges, splintering the wood and sending bits and pieces of door flying everywhere. Anselm strode into the courtyard, yellow eyes glowing. Around him, floated six different weapons.

A Katana. An Axe. A Hammer. A Staff. A Bow. And a Dagger.

Anselm threw his hands into the air. "Rejoice, my loyal followers!" he cried. "The time of Resolution draws near!"

A roar of cheers erupted from Anselm's soldiers. Inspired by their leader, the Onyx Skull knights pressed harder against Xanhast's forces. Anselm cackled, drew Hokkyoku, and leapt into the fray.

"He has the keys?!" Bill gasped. "How?!"

Hokkyoku sliced through the traitorous knights like a hot knife through butter. The weapon flared angrily, almost like it was protesting Anselm's usage of it.

Bill broke off from his current fight and began to make his way over to the courtyard exit. Were the other Twilight Knights here? Did they need help?

Bill stopped halfway there, recognizing the figure rushing out of the castle and into the courtyard. There was no way Bill could mistake the azure hair or icy blue eyes.

"Arata!" Bill called out.

Arata stopped and spun towards Bill. "Bill!" Arata cried, rushing over to him. "What's going on here?"

"Xanhast started a riot." Bill explained. "What's going on with you? Where are the other Twilight Knights?"

"I have no idea what happened!" Arata said. "Selena said some...revealing things about herself, and Azk started acting funny. He willingly handed over the keys!"

Bill stomped the ground in frustration. "Damn it, Azk!" Bill cursed. "What are you doing here, Arata?"

"I told the others I wasn't leaving without Hokkyoku!" Arata said, running toward the large brawl taking place. "I'll be right back!"

"Arata! Wait!" Bill cried. As he tried to rush after the duelist, a soldier smashed into him, knocking Bill over. "I don't have time for this!" Bill growled.

"That's it, I'm going to help Arata." Xavier said. He scooped up his wooden staff and dashed down the hall.

"Wait for me!" Frozen called, grabbing his longswords and running after Xavier, leaving Selena and Azk alone.

"How could you not tell me about this?" Azk asked angrily.

"Because I knew you wouldn't understand!" Selena replied. "I knew you wouldn't trust me again if I told you."

Azk snorted. "So after you got away with killing those you loved, including your master, you went to live in Darkovia to do what?"

Selena stared at Azk, her brown eyes revealing her pain. "I exiled myself to Darkovia after I remembered what I had done." Selena said quietly. "I saw myself as a monster. I figured I had better live where monsters thrive."

"The problem is, I don't believe that, Selena." Azk retorted. "How could I believe anything you say? You lied to me for the whole time I've known you!"

Selena glared at Azk. "You know what? Forget it, Azk. I have tried to make a new life for myself. I joined the Twilight Knights! I've used my powers for the good of others! And know that you know my past, you're judging me on who I once was, not who I am now!"

"Not letting someone know that you're a murderer is a pretty big deal." Azk muttered.

Selena was silent for a few minutes.

"Can you forgive me?" Selena asked.

"What?" Azk asked in surprise.

"I'm sorry I didn't let you know. I was afraid you would judge me on who I was. I love you, Azk, and I don't want to lose you. Can you forgive me?"

Azk was silent. He continued to study Selena, the woman he had loved...could he forgive her of her past?

Azk remained silent. Selena looked down, forcing back a tear. "That's all I needed to know." she said.

She turned and rushed down the hallway, towards the courtyard, leaving the Twilight assassin alone.

"Thief!" Arata cried out, rushing towards Anselm.

Anselm turned and chuckled. He wiggled Hokkyoku at the duelist, taunting him.

Arata closed the distance between him and Anselm in seconds. He swung high with his katana, but Anselm merely rolled under the strike. Anselm came out of his roll and swung with Hokkyoku, the blade glowing fiercely. Arata brough his blade down just in time to block the strike.

Arata didn't feel his blade connect with Hokkyoku, though. He brought his sword up and gasped. Hokkyoku had cut his katana blade clean off.

"Checkmate, Twilight fool!" Anselm cackled. He brought Hokkyoku up in for a finishing strike, when a sudden burst of energy struck Anselm in the back.

"I've got you covered, Arata!" Xavier called, readying another spell. FF flanked Xavier, taking down any enemies that thought to bring the mage down.

"Arata?" Leyla gasped, hearing Arata's name called out. She quickly scanned the battlefield, spotting Arata dancing away from one of Anselm's more vicious strikes.

The druid concentrated, sending all of her energy into distracting Anselm. Anselm leapt on top of Arata, Hokkyoku hovering inches from his face. Suddenly, a massive root shot out of the ground, slamming into Anselm and sending him flying.

Arata sprang to his feet. He'd recognize that technique anywhere. "Leyla!" he called out.

Anselm hit the ground hard and rolled. He climbed back on his feet. He was only a few feet away from Leyla. "Just the girl I wanted to see." Anselm growled. In one blinding move, Anselm scooped Leyla up and leapt to the walkways on the castle top.

"Men!" Anselm called out. "We move to the gate!"

A cheer rose from Anselm's loyal men.

"Where is my son?" Anselm called out. "He must come as well!"

Bill struck down the soldier that had him pinned and rushed out into the open.

"I'm not your son, Anselm!" Bill roared. "You aren't my father! You're a monster! A creature of pure evil!"

Arata, Xavier, and Frozen Fighter regarded Bill curiously. Anselm was his father?

Bill's words hurt Anselm more than any blade could. "My son, please understand. I'm doing this for you and your mother! I-"

"My mother is turning in her grave because of all you've "done" for her!"

Anselm's eyes flared with anger. "Impudent child!" he roared. "You dare speak to your father that way? You dare mention your mother in that way?! You've become nothing more than Twilight scum, like the rest of them!"

Anselm looked out to the horizon, then back to the group, more specifically Bill.

"You wish to know what I plan on doing?" Anselm asked, hysteria seeming to enter his voice. "You wish to know what sleeps behind the gate?!? I'll show you! I'll show all of you! I'll wipe this world clean of filth like you!"

"Men!" Anselm barked. "The time draws near!" Anselm concentrated, and in a sudden flash of light, he vanished with Leyla.

Anselm's loyal soldiers fled back into the castle, likely to join with their master in his moment of triumph. A voice suddenly called from the darkness of the castle.

"Graawl! Kill them!"

A black shape dashed out of the castle, rushing straight for Bill. Bill readied himself, assuming a combat stance and readying Mandurugo. The black shape barreled into Bill, knocking Mandurugo free from his grasp. Graawl howled, then snapped it's jaws dangerously close to Bill's shoulder. Graawl's claws dug through Bill's chainmail and into his stomach and shoulders. Bill grabbed the werewolf by the neck, focusing all of his strength to keep the cursed creature at bay.

Xanhast rushed toward Bill, slamming into Graawl and jarring the werewolf loose. The lycan growled at Xanhast, then lunged. Not even Xanhast's vampiric powers could stop the werewolf's onslaught. The werewolf tore at Xanhast with its claws and bit the vampire with its powerful jaws.

Bill crawled back onto his feet. Xanhast was likely all ready dead, torn to shreds by Graawl. Bill grabbed Mandurugo, rushed at the werewolf, and stabbed Mandurugo through the lycan's skull. The blade drank the blood of the cursed wolf, knitting Bill's wounds to normal.

Bill fell backward, landing on his rump and breathing hard. Anselm had the keys. He had Leyla. And he knew where the gate was.

Worst of all, it seemed he no longer had any reservations about killing Bill.

Last edited by Poppy Bill on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:47 pm

OMG I love it! Moar!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Chapter 33: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:43 pm

The small town of Mobius was nothing more than rubble and ash now. Small fires still raged, perhaps the only semblance of life in this now desolate area of the Chiral Valley. Ash littered the ground like mounds of grey snow. Bodies could be seen scattered around the once-pristine town. Many wore the insignia of Chaos, the single purple eye crest. But many also wore the symbol of Twilight, the sun and moon mixed together.

Their was a sudden flash of light, and a large puff of ash kicked up from the ground. As the light faded, Anselm took a step forward, dropping Leyla on the ash-covered ground.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Anselm asked, surveying the scene before him, the destroyed town of Mobius. "It's almost like a painting. A dipiction, nay, a testament to all the pain and hardship that this damn world produces."

Leyla quickly glanced around, horrified. To think that Anselm could have destroyed this entire town with a single spell...a true testament to his dark power.

Leyla was just about to stand up, when one body caught her eye. Her eyes widened. She gave out a small shriek.

Lying in a pile of ash was the body of Emperor Steel Fire, Shadikal lying in the ash next to him. Anselm laughed and walked over to the corpse, kicking it hard. Steel's armored body rolled several feet before coming to a halt.

"Steel Fire...I've heard of him." Anselm sneered. "Not so mighty anymore, is he?"

Leyla only stared at the body in disbelief. Steel had been killed. None of the Twilight Knights believed that they would ever have outlasted Steel Fire.

"Come along, girl." Anselm said, walking past her. "We have work to do."

Afraid and defeated, Leyla obediantly got up and followed her captor. "Why are you doing this?" Leyla asked.

Anselm chuckled. "My girl, like I told you, that would be telling."

"Who am I going to tell, Anselm?" Leyla asked. "Who?"

Anselm stopped, considering this. "True enough." Anselm said after a moment or two. He continued walking, motioning for Leyla to do the same.

"Eons ago," Anselm began. "The great goddess of Lore created the mortals, many races that were children of the gods, but did not possess godly power. They were not half-gods, or literal children of the gods, but creations. The great goddess decided that the Heavens were no place for mortals, and decided to give them a world of their own, a world where they would live without the constant influence of the gods."

"The earth god, Moradin, sculpted the earth and the land. Arcterra flowed water into the planet, and created the seas. Hephaestus, the fire god, gave heat and energy to the planet. Aero gave the planet her sacred air, to help balance the heat and to give oxygen. Hakama, goddess of Twilight, gave equal light and darkness unto our world. Finally, the great goddess herself breathed life into the planet, placing the mortals and the animals beside on another."

"The gods saw that this land, Lore, was a paradise. A precious jewel in the cosmos."

"What made Lore so great?" Leyla asked.

"It was a place where the powers of the gods could co-exist without one power overriding another. A place of true balance." Anselm explained.

"But not all of the gods were so ready to give this paradise to mere mortals. The many who spoke out were Geddon, Empousa, Talona, Yami, and Thanatos."

"Thanatos?" Leyla asked, stopping. "Who is Thanatos?"

Anselm laughed. "He is an embarrassment to the gods. So much so, that his name has been struck from almost every religious text in the world. He is the Harbinger of Souls, capable of feeding on, stealing, and even USING other peoples souls. He grows strong on the souls of mortals." Anselm paused for a moment, wanting to frighten Leyla.

"He grows especially strong from pure souls, dear girl."

Leyla suddenly had a terrible feeling. What was Anselm getting at?

"These gods spoke out, demanding to know why the paradise should go to the pathetic mortals. The great goddess' response was something along the lines of 'Because they deserve it more than we.'"

"As you can imagine, that didn't sit too well with the other gods. They decided to sabotage this paradise, to make it less so. Geddon wrapped his arms around the land, bringing Death to all corners of Lore, to ensure that life would not continue. Talona touched the world, bringing with her Discord, so that peace would not last. Empousa cursed the land, creating a species that fed on the blood of mortals. And Yami bred Darkness unto the land. He cursed the moon, so that once a month it would not shine. He created creatures of the night, beings that spread fear into the hearts of men."

"But Thanatos was not content to just sit and curse the land. Defying the gods, Thanatos descended into the land of men, and began to steal their souls. This was the Dark Age, the time when the land was ruled by the Harbinger."

"By the time the great goddess and the others discovered this ploy, Thanatos had already consumed a great deal of souls. His power was said to match that of the great goddess. Leaving Arcterra and the others to deal with Talona, Geddon and the like, the great goddess flew to Lore, to deal with her tratiorous brother."

"The battle that ensued was said to have been so terrible and destructive that it destroyed the Evergrove Forests."

"I've never heard of the Evergrove Forests..." Leyla said.

"You probably know it as the Sandsea." Anselm said, bending down to the ashen ground.

"The battle raged on, but Thanatos was eventually defeated. Talona, Geddon, Yami, and Empousa were sentenced to a life of imprisonment. But Thanatos, who had actually defiled the paradise, was sentenced to much worse. He was banished to the Plane of the Abyss, a plane of existance so hellish and nightmarish that every day would be an absolute terror."

"To access a path to the Abyss, the gods created a gateway called the Millenial Gate. To access the gate, the six gods of creation made six keys. Arcterra made Hokkyoku and gave it to the Arcterrans. Moradin made Tectonic and gave it to the wilderness. Hephaestus made Magnama and gave it to the dwarves. Aero created the Aero staff and gave it to the clouds. And Hakama created Yumi and Nebulous."

"Thanatos was cast into the Abyss, swearing he would get his revenge."

"Why didn't the gods destroy the gate?" Leyla asked.

"Because the gods believed that if the mortals ever got out of line, Thanatos could put them back in their places." Anselm answered.

"What does any of this have to do with your plot?" Leyla asked again.

"Don't you get it yet, girl?" Anselm asked. "Let me ask you: do you like this world? Do you like all the pain and evil that surrounds it?"

"I like Lore, yes." Leyla said, suddenly catching on to what Anselm was saying. "It's not perfect, but we have to live for the good things in life."

"Wouldn't you rather live in a world without pain?" Anselm asked. "Without sorrow? Without evil?"

Leyla stared at the lich.

"This world is nothing more than a plague. Humanity is an insect, scuttling mindlessly across the cobblestones until it is crushed under the heel of a boot. But I plan to give this world salvation!"

"By unleashing an ancient evil?!" Leyla gasped.

"It's quite the conundrum, isn't it?" Anselm laughed. "I tried to create peace in this world through good acts, but no one cared! No one noticed my actions!"

"But that's when I realized something..." Anselm continued. "No one noticed my actions because all the people were used to their filthy lifestyles. That's when I realized that in order to save the world from evil, I needed to destroy it with evil!"

Leyla's jaw dropped. "You're insane!" she cried.

"Insane, or a genius?!" Anselm retorted. "Think about it. If I take everything away from the people of this world, cultures that hate each other will be forced to work together. King Alteon and Empress Grayvlen will put aside their differences and forge a true truce! Crime will cease to exist, for what crime could occur on a desolate planet? Peace will ensue, and I shall be there, a God King to watch over my subjects and keep them on the path of light!"

Anselm stopped. They were in the center of Mobius. He cackled.

"We're here!" Anselm cried.

Anselm stomped on the ground and swung his hand upwards, concentrating all of his magical power into this act. The ground trembled and shook. Suddenly, the ground split apart, and a giant, ancient device began to rise from the ground. Leyla's eyes widened in surprise as the device towered over her and Anselm.

"Are you ready, my girl?!" Anselm shouted. "The future is nigh!"

By the time Selena made it to the castle's courtyard, the battle was all ready over. Bodies littered the ground, blood pooling beneath them. The whole area reeked of death. Off to the side, Bill sat on the ground, breathing hard and rubbing his shoulder. The others had gathered around Bill to make sure he was okay.

Selena rushed toward the others. "What happened?" she asked. "Where is Anselm?"

Arata and Frozen regarded Selena cautiously, now aware of her past.

"He's gone." Bill said. "He's got the keys. He's got Leyla. He even--"

"Wait, Leyla?" Arata asked. So she HAD been here!

"Yeah, a nice young girl." Bill said. "I don't know what he plans to do with her, but I can imagine whatever it is won't be pretty."

Arata was silent. Leyla was here, here in Anselm's wicked clutches. The duelist steeled his gaze. He was going to rescue her, no matter what.

"We have to rescue her!" he said.

"How?" Nami asked. "We don't know where Anselm is. Hell, even I don't know where he is, and I worked for him!"

Frozen's head swung in Nami's direction. "Nami?" he asked. "You've been WORKING for Anselm this whole time?!"

"Well-" Nami began.

"I cannot believe this!" Frozen fumed. "You know he tried to have his goons kill me?"

"Hey!" Cyra protested.

Frozen looked to the cryomancer. "No offense." he apologized.

"I'm sorry!" Nami said defensively. "He made me an offer I couldn't pass up! He offered me revenge against Kitsune!"

"But..." Frozen asked.

"But he was just using me!" Nami said. "I'm really sorry, Frozen. He teleported me away from the ship, and..."

Cyra stepped forward and placed a hand on Nami's shoulder. "He used all of us." she said.

"Can you forgive me, Frozen?" Nami asked.

"And me too?" Cyra asked.

Frozen sighed. How could he say no?

"Yeah, I'll forgive you, Nami. And you too, ice lady."

"Cyra." the cryomancer corrected.

"Aww, my heart is just melting with all this love and forgiveness." Xavier remarked sarcastically. "Forgive each other later! We have bigger fish to fry!"

Bill nodded, standing up. "Xavier is right." Bill agreed. "We need to find Anselm, and fast!...but...where could he have gone?"

"Couldn't we teleport to him?" Arata asked.

"No." Xavier, Selena and Cyra said at the same time.

"Even if we wanted to teleport to him, we'd still need to know where he is." Cyra explained. "And, unfortunately, Anselm was paranoid that we might turn on him. He never told a soul. No one knows where he is."

"That's not entirely true." A voice called out.

Everyone spun around to meet the source of the voice. Walking out of the castle and holding some kind of book was none other than Azk.

"While all of you rushed off to fight in the courtyard," Azk explained. "I began to sneak around. Did you know there are extensive caverns underneath this castle?" he asked.

"Azk..." Selena said.

"Anyways, I found this book down in the caves." the assassin continued. "It's his journal. Anselm's journal, I mean." Azk tossed the book to Selena.

"Read the final entry." he said.

Selena opened the book and flipped to the final entry.

I think that this will be my final entry. it read. My goal is in sight. I possess three keys now, and I can sense the other three on their way. Finally, my dream will be realized. Evil will be wiped from the world like the blemish that it is. People will die. But their deaths will be a necessary sacrifice. Their sacrifice will pave the way to this world's Golden Age, an era where the people do not have to fear persecution or evil.

How I wish my beautiful Lillandra were here to see this. Once the keys are in my possession, I shall make haste to Mobius with the girl in tow. I will sculpt this world into my wife's image: Perfect. Flawless. I do it all for her. I love you, my sweet. I love you and miss you so much...

I have walked among men and angels for over thirty years...time...how cruel, yet how rewarding time has been to me...

Selena closed the journal gently. "He's in Mobius." she said quietly. In truth, Selena was a little touched at Anselm's devotion to his lover. He would destroy and rewrite the world for her.

"Mobius?" Xavier asked. "It's nothing more than ash and rubble now. What could possibly be in Mobius?"

"Leyla is there." Arata said. "That's enough reason for me to go."

"Agreed." Bill said, sheathing Mandurugo. "It's off to Mobius, then. Is everyone prepared?"

The others looked around. They knew what Bill had really meant. There was a strong chance that this was a suicide mission. The real question was "Is everyone prepared to die?"

"We're ready." Frozen said.

The others gathered in a circle to discuss possible strategies. Selena hung back, still clutching the journal. She gave a slight jump as she felt a hand fall on her shoulder.

"Selena..." Azk said.

Selena turned around to face the assassin.

"It was unfair of me to judge you on your past." he began quietly. "I...I just want you to know, in case we don't come back..."

He was silent. Selena continued to stare into his eyes.

"I love you, and I can forgive you. Will you forgive me?"

Selena smiled, and pressed her lips against his.

Xavier snorted loudly, destroying the moment. "Do you really have to be doing that NOW?" he asked. "Remember? The big fish we have to fry?"

"Right! Right." Azk said, just a tad embarrassed. Selena smiled and hugged Azk close.

"Are we ready?" Xavier asked.

All nodded, none objected. As Xavier readied the teleportation spell, Bill's breathing quickened. This is it, he thought. The final showdown. A battle between father and son.

As a child, Bill had dreamt about meeting his real parents. But now...

Xavier clapped his hands together. In a loud POP!, the group was gone.

As the gate finished rising out of the ground, the earth stopped trembling. Leyla could not believe the size of the gate. It was massive! It towered over her and Anselm, making them look pitiful and insignificant next to this ancient, godly device. The device had a number of markings and runes etched into its stone surface, making it look almost like the Twilight Gate.

Anselm threw his arms out wide and laughed. His laughter echoed throughout the destroyed town of Mobius. He had done it. He had the gate. He had the girl. He had the keys.

Soon, Leyla knew, he would have the world.

As the gate had risen out of the earth, so too had another object: an alter with six pedistals. Leyla could easily guess what those were for. Anselm turned towards her, his eyes glowing brightly. He grabbed her, and in one quick bound, leapt atop the alter.

"What you are about to witness," Anselm spoke, dropping Leyla in the center of the alter. "Will be history. You are going to witness the birth of Lore's Golden Age!"

Anselm grabbed Hokkyoku and walked over to a pedistal.

"Water." he said, placing Hokkyoku in its pedistal. Water seemed to stream from the blade, rushing into the pedistal and up to the gate. One section of the gate began to glow a faint blue.

"Fire." he said, placing Magnama in the next pedistal. Fire shot out from Magnama and into the pedistal, rushing to the gate.

"Earth." Anselm continued, placing Tectonic in its appropriate spot. Rocks seemed to form from the hammer's head and fall into the pedistal.

"Air." Aero was placed next. A huge wind could be felt streaming into the pedistal.

"Light." Yumi was placed, causing a sudden shaft of light to fall onto the pedistal.

"And Darkness, of course." Nebulous was last to be placed, causing a shadow to fall onto the pedistal.

Electricity could be heard sparking from the gate. The combination of the elements had triggered some sort of reaction. The space withing the gate seemed to ripple, almost like space and time were about to tear apart. The ripple became more violent, attempting to expand itself.

But to no avail.

"The gate's a dud." Leyla chuckled, grinning. "The gate doesn't even work!"

"Of course it doesn't work, dear girl." Anselm explained calmly. "It's missing the seventh element."

Leyla's grin suddenly disappeared. "There's a seventh weapon?" she asked.

"Not a weapon!" Anselm corrected. "The seventh element couldn't be a weapon."

"I don't get it." Leyla said. "There were five gods of creation. Arcterra, Hephaestus, Moradin, Aero, and Hakama. Those five created the six keys."

"You're forgetting one." Anselm said coyly. "Remember, the great goddess, the guardian of life, helped forge this gate as well!"

"The seventh element is life?" Leyla asked. Suddenly, fear gripped her heart. Was Anselm planning on-

"I'm not going to kill you, girl." Anselm chuckled, reading her. "But I do not have the seventh element at the moment. It is on it's way, though."

Leyla stared at the gate as it attempted to expand and failed. What exactly was the seventh element?

"Ah." Anselm said, turning around. "It's here."

The Twilight Knights appeared with a loud POP! Ash and dust flew up into the air, obscuring the knight's vision.

The group, however, didn't need perfect vision to see what was going on. In the center of town, a large, circular gateway towered over everything else. The space within the gate was rippling and crackling with electricity.

"That must be for us." Azk said, gripping his longswords tightly. Most of the group did the same. Frozen had his longswords out, Bill readied Mandurugo, and Kate held her katana and dagger combo out. The only ones without a weapon were Selena, Xavier, Cyra, and Arata.

"The gate doesn't appear open yet." Bill said, noting the gate's violent spasms. "We still have time to stop him." Bill glanced over at Arata. "And save Leyla."

Arata nodded and steeled his gaze. He didn't have a weapon, but he hardly needed one. He would beat Anselm down with his own fists if it meant saving Leyla.

"Come on, everyone." Bill said, stepping over a corpse and trudging through the ash. "Its time."

The group didn't have to walk for very long before they reached the town's square. Standing on a small alter was Anselm, Leyla sitting at his feet.

"So good of you to come!" Anselm cackled, turning to face the Twilight Knights. "Traitors and enemies working together to stop me and my vision! Even my own son wishes to see me destroyed."

Bill quickly glanced at the alter. Anselm had placed the six keys, so why hadn't the gate opened?

"When I had learned you were alive, William, I was overjoyed." Anselm said. "I thought that we could create an era of peace together! After all, you were trying to create peace as a Twilight Knight, were you not?"

Bill only glared at the thing that was his father.

"But instead, you have only shown me what the Twilight Knights really are: evil. You are just as evil as this world, William. It has corrupted you, and I could not save you."

"Why hasn't the gate opened, Anselm?" Azk asked. "Did it break?"

Anselm laughed. "Broken? No no, dear assassin, the gate is fine. It just needs the seventh element, is all. Which you have been kind enough to deliver to me personally."

The group traded looks of surprise. There was a seventh element?

"What element?" Bill asked. "We don't have any other keys."

"But you do!" Anselm cried. "Right there!"

Anselm pointed a bony finger in Arata's direction.

"The boy is the key!" Anselm snarled.

Arata looked surprised. "I'm a key?"

"Yes!" Anselm said. "I have read Hokkyoku's ancient history and there is no mistake! You hold the gift of life, child! You are able to heal and, in extreme cases, resurrect others!"

Anselm hopped off the alter. "Now," he began. "We can do this the easy way, or the hard way."

The group brought up and visibly bore their weapons. Anselm sighed. "I had wished I didn't have to kill you, William."

Anselm suddenly rushed forward, slamming himself into Cyra and throwing her off balance. He grabbed her by the arm, swung her around, and then threw her into Selena.

"Bombardos!" Xavier cried, launching a ball of explosive magic at Anselm.

Anselm spun around and outstretched his hand, catching the spell in mid-flight.

"How adorable!" Anselm laughed. Anselm's hands suddenly began to crackle with energy. Xavier's spell seemed to grow slightly in size and change color, from bright blue to dark red.

"Catch." The lich said, tossing the spell lazily back at Xavier.

"Get down!" the mage cried, pushing Azk out of the way and falling onto the ground.

As soon as the spell hit the ground, a loud explosion rocked the area, shaking the gate and sending the knights flying.

"You can't beat me!" Anselm cackled. "I'm a god!"

Nami and Frozen were the first back on their feet. "Let's go!" Frozen said, rushing at Anselm.

Frozen stabbed ahead with his swords, only to have Anselm slide to the right. The ranger tried to react, but the lich was far faster, bringing up his elbow and smashing it into Frozen's arm, breaking it.

The ranger howled in pain. Anselm took a quick step forward and punched Frozen hard in the stomach, sending him literally rolling backwards.

Nami slashed with her dagger, tearing Anselm's fine robes. Anselm spun around, his eyes glowing red. He threw a punch at Nami, catching only air as the fleet footed fighter sidestepped out of the way.

Nami retaliated, slashing with her katana and then stabbing with her dagger. Anselm made no attempt to dodge the strikes. The katana cut through his robes, and the dagger made a solid contact, yet both strikes felt odd to Nami. She hadn't felt her blades cut flesh.

Anselm kicked up suddenly, knocking Nami's dagger out of her hands. The lich caught it, and rushed the fighter, suddenly setting Nami on her heels. Anselm swung high, then suddenly reversed and went low, slicing Nami's leg. Nami winced in pain, but kept moving. Stopping would mean death.

Anselm suddenly rolled around, cutting Nami off. He drove the dagger deep into her stomach, then kicked her away.

Nami hit the ground, which felt surprisingly soft. She could feel warm liquid oozing from her stomach.

"You bastard!" Cyra cried. She shot a ball of ice at her former master. Anselm laughed and raised his hand.

"Fete." was all he said.

A massive jet of flame shot out of Anselm's fingertips, dissolving the ice instantly. Anselm lowered his hand and gripped Nami's dagger. In one lightning like movement, he threw the dagger. It whistled through the air, until it hit its intended target: Cyra's leg.

Cyra collapsed, clutching her bleeding leg.

Bill turned to Azk and Arata. "Azk, you're with me!" he said. Azk nodded.

"What about me?" Arata asked. "I can help too!"

"Not without a weapon." Bill said. Suddenly, he grinned. "And I think there is a very familiar weapon waiting on that pedistal for you."

Arata smiled, catching on to Bill's plan. Azk and Bill were going to play distraction while Arata grabbed Hokkyoku.

"Let's go!" Azk cried, readying his throwing knives.

Anselm turned towards the three. "Where do you think you're going?!" he roared.

Bill rushed forward while Azk circled. Bill swung Mandurugo up, thinking to slice Anselm open. Anselm caught the blade with his hand and tore it from Bill's grasp, tossing the blade away.

But Bill wasn't going to give up so easily. He punched out with his right fist, smashing into Anselm's skull. Anselm recoiled slightly, but didn't appear harmed.

"We could have ruled this world together, you and I!" Anselm snarled. "But instead, you chose death!"

Bill spat at the man. Anselm's eyes glowed.

"I'm going to kill you." Anselm whispered.

"Fete!" Selena cried out. A huge fireball zoomed towards the lich, slamming into him and igniting him.

Anselm staggered backwards. The flames licked his entire body, and consumed his white robes.

Anselm, however, started to laugh. His laughter grew, and as it did, his eyes glowed even more red than before.

"Behold, your destroyer!" Anselm cried out. He was nothing more than a skeleton, though flames licked every inch of his body.

He turned back towards Bill. "Let us end this." he said.

"Lets!" cried Arata.

Anselm spun around. There stood Arata, holding Hokkyoku, which glowed a brilliant white.

Anselm glanced at the gate, which had powered down. He snarled and rushed at the Arcterran boy.

Arata swung with Hokkyoku, catching Anselm's arm and slicing it off. Anselm roared in agony and staggered backward.

Arata rushed forward for a finishing blow, but suddenly, Anselm shot forward as well! The lich slammed his head into Arata's, causing the duelist to stagger backwards and drop Hokkyoku.

Anselm's arm suddenly dematerialized and rematerialized back on his body. "Thought you could hurt me?!" he asked. "I'm immortal!"

Anselm threw Arata into the center of the alter next to Leyla. He picked up Hokkyoku and placed it back on its pedistal.

"Life!" Anselm screamed. "The final element!"

The six weapons seemed to glow a strange green then. The light shot into Arata, then suddenly shot out towards the gate in the form of lightning.

Arata howled in pain. He had never known such agony in his life.

The gateway roared to life as the green lightning struck it. The ripple expanded, revealing a portal to a dark and shadowy place.

Arata dropped to the ground, completely drained.

"What the hell just happened?" Azk asked.

Last edited by Poppy Bill on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 6:48 am

So, the truth cometh forth!
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:06 am

This is great Bill, you're an amazing writer man. Can't wait to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Part two of Chapter 33 is up!
Back to top Go down
Yopomo

Yopomo

Honor : 9974

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:14 pm

WOW i love it poppu its fantastic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The God King
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next