Creed of Honor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A clan based around artwork, gaming, and much much more.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Make sure to find our chatbox, and catch the live stream! ~RQ

Inari's Quest

Go down 
+2
ookaminami
Arata
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

Honor : 11306

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 1:08 pm

Ohai everyone :D

Well, I've had the Trial Version of RPG Maker VX for about a week now, and have already finished a good chunk of my very first game! Woot! So without further adeu, here it is!

http://www.mediafire.com/?iz75245nniddekf

A few notes:

When you talk to the Elder, talk to him across from the table, don't walk up to him. It won't do anything.

Be sure to walk up to some things and press the action button. For example, the two graves in front of the Village Chapel.

If you run across any problems or bugs, or anything to be changed/improved PLEASE TELL ME. I really want this game to be good, and being my first time using the program, there will likely be some mistakes.

Anyway, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
ookaminami

ookaminami

Honor : 20607

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 5:33 pm

Times like these make me wish that my father hadn't killed my pc. Congratulations on your game Arata. :D
Back to top Go down
/ˈiːdʒɨs/
Admin
Admin
/ˈiːdʒɨs/

Honor : 12975

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 10:45 pm

Bugs: (Listing as I find them)
Anywhere that there's one of the two cracked ice wall sprites, you can walk through it.
Inari's Quest Icecrackedwall
In that specific instance (the screenshot) I could actually walked up to the top layer from either the bottom (where the cracked wall is) or the top (straight onto the top layer). I believe that room is the second room of the icy rooms.

Questions (Listing as I think of them)
Why is Sara so buff?
What up with the even more epicly buffed Drowned Corpse?
Agh! Random boss fight that I was unprepared for! XD ... :o I died =p

Ryu and Katsu are completely useless for the boss fight. XD
I can't really comment of the game itself right now since I'm tired and want to sleep, but just one quick thing. I think that you jumped into the game a bit too quickly. There's one talking sequence and then I go through a door and start whacking at some enemies. I was quite confused while playing. :P Just something to think about as you're making it further. Although, you might have to ignore that statement completely, as I haven't actually gotten through everything that you've made yet. I'll play through it til' I beat it tomorrow. But great job on the dialog! I found it to be very believable. (Like I could actually hear someone saying the dialog)

Keep up the great work Arata. :)
Back to top Go down
xRaedqwex
Admin
Admin
xRaedqwex

Honor : 8469

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 1:38 am

i actually just downloaded it. its 2 am here so um yeah i cant play now lol

ill try it and get back to you.

even though i never made my final game, i can troubleshoot a lot of bugs xD

~RQ
Back to top Go down
https://creedohhonor.forummotion.com
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 7:24 am

Lol thanks Goat, I think I had forgotten that I had made the cracks able to be walked on. If you mean the Fanatic Boss fight, then actually, it can be pretty simple. If you beat the Guardian Skeleton with both Ryu and Katsu alive, then they would be level 10 at the start of the game in Kakashi. It's a pretty decent enough level for the Sunken Ruins. As for the Fanatic, just use two rounds of Dual Attack with both Ryu and Katsu, and a blast of Water from Sara and you should be done :D

Oh, and for Sara being buff, (xD) I already figured that I need to rework some of their starting parameters, and the reason the Drowned Corpse is so buff was because some of the characters were so buff xD

Oh, and as for the confusion of the game, everything is explained later. I only released what I actually had made, but other stuff is explained, although I do feel myself that the prologue could have been longer. But, I can change anything any time so, yeah :D

Oh! One more thing! Be sure to walk up to the Water Bead right after Sara's ritual! If you do, you'll get a tiny bit more backstory from Katsu :D
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

Honor : 11467

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Cool game Arata! I'm stuck on the ghost battle in Mizuki village, though.
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

Honor : 10691

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:48 am

I'll have to download this sometime :) It also reminded me of RpgVX, I need to get back to work on my projects D:
Back to top Go down
/ˈiːdʒɨs/
Admin
Admin
/ˈiːdʒɨs/

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Lolz Arata, I cannot beat first boss. (The first person that you talk to besides Sarah)
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 2:16 pm

The guardian skeleton, or the fanatic?

If it's the skeleton, you should be able to just continually attack it and use a potion or two and beat it.

If it's the fanatic, then just continually use dual attack with Katsu and Ryu, and water with Sara, and you should be okay.
Back to top Go down
/ˈiːdʒɨs/
Admin
Admin
/ˈiːdʒɨs/

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:06 pm

It's the Fanatic
Neither Katsu or Ryu have Dual Attack as far as I can see. Here.... lemee check again.

EDIT
Ok, ya, neither Katsu nor Ryu have a Dual Attack, but I still managed to beat the Fanatic by Guarding with them and let Sarah do all of the damage. Afterwards though, I did find a bug. After talking with the mayor about guarding the bead, if you don't go to sleep like Katsu suggests and head to the town to the west of the map and enter the inn you'll talk with the inn keeper but then you can't control Katsu and you're stuck. XD
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:24 pm

Ah, thanks for pointing that out.

And when you fight the fanatic, could you please tell me Katsu and Ryu's classes? And their levels?

They should both be level 8 at the very least (if they were both leveled up to level 3 after beating the skeleton, then they should both be lvl 10) and Katsu should be a Shinigami and Ryu a Dual Blade.

EDIT: I played through that section that you found the bug in Goat, and nothing happened to me. Everything was normal soo...
I can always recompress the game and share it again, since I had made some changes, and see if it works better.
Back to top Go down
/ˈiːdʒɨs/
Admin
Admin
/ˈiːdʒɨs/

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Hmmm..... Maybe I just failed at unpackaging the game. I never fought a skeleton. Ryu and Katsu were both level 2 when I fought the Fanatic.
I'll try re-downloading it later.
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 5:39 pm

Wait, where was your starting point at? If it wasn't at the Inari Shrine, then I may have forgotten to change the starting point when I compressed the game files. That would also explain why you are confused with the game xD

I'll post another version and will make sure the starting point is where it should be xP
Back to top Go down
/ˈiːdʒɨs/
Admin
Admin
/ˈiːdʒɨs/

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Sounds good ^^
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:26 pm

Alright, here should be the ACTUAL version :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?ka9vcb8q6rec8vj

2 things I would like to point out:

When you see Kage in the ruins, do not walk up to him. It will mess up the cutscene!

And when you go outside and it storms, don't enter the chapel!

Please note that I have fixed these, but these fixes will be included in the next update of the game, not this version. Otherwise, enjoy! :D
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:45 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?fcc16kgr4nzoxls

Here's the most up to date version :D
Back to top Go down
/ˈiːdʒɨs/
Admin
Admin
/ˈiːdʒɨs/

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 6:36 pm

Downloading now. :)
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Hey guys, sorry I made the same mistake that I made the first time and forgot to reset the starting point to the game's start xD I'll purchasing the software soon, so I'll make that fix as soon as I get it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Inari's Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inari's Quest   Inari's Quest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inari's Quest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creed of Honor :: Community Zone :: Forum Based Games-
Jump to: