Creed of Honor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A clan based around artwork, gaming, and much much more.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Make sure to find our chatbox, and catch the live stream! ~RQ

Echoes (Characters)

Go down 
+3
Arata
Draconor
Poppy Bill
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

Honor : 11443

Echoes (Characters) Empty
PostSubject: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 9:06 pm

Echoes is a role-play that is based off of the game Metroid Prime 2. I tried to make it once, but abandoned the project. So, Ima try again!

Story

For years, the Luminoth roamed space as interstellar nomads. During their travels, they met and befriended many other races, including the Chozo, N'kra, and the Ylla.. Each of these races had claimed a planet for their own, and in time, the Luminoth would do so as well. The planet they claimed was Aether, a planet that's beauty exceeded any other the Luminoth had seen. The Luminoth claimed the planet, living alongside the idiginous life. And for a while, there was peace.

But the tranquility and peace the Luminoth had come to know did not last forever. One day, the Luminoth detected a massive stellar object on a collision course with their planet. To safeguard their world, the Luminoth shot weapons and fired all types of technologies to try and destroy the meteor. But all attempts to stop the meteor failed. Realizing that the meteor would not stop, the Luminoth quickly built fallout shelters to wait out the inevitable disaster.

When the meteor struck, Aether trembled. The plains of Agon were forever scorched. The sea boiled over, flooding the vast forests of Torvus. It was as if Hell itself had opened up.

But devastation was not the only effect of the meteor. On that day, rips in the fabric of space and time occured, creating a new planet with an idiginous new species. They were the Ing, a race of shadowy creatures. Now, the Luminoth and Ing are locked in a war that will decide the fate of their planets. Now, the fate of Aether and Dark Aether hang on the shoulders of a select few individuals...you!

Races

There are four races, which are:

Galactic Federation

The Galactic Federation is an organization that is devoted to peace in the galaxy. While they are made up of mostly humans, many other civilizations are part of the Federation as well.

GF Marine: Well armed and armored, the GF Marine makes up most of the Galactic Federation's military. They are well-trained and equipped for battle.

Bounty Hunter: Bounty Hunters come in many varieties. The are nimble opponents, equipped with many kinds of tech.

GF Sniper: Stealthy and lightly armored, GF Snipers make excellent scouts.

Space Pirates

The Space Pirates are a band of aliens that seek to destroy the Galactic Federation and control the galaxy. They are devoted to creating disorder and spreading crime throughout the galaxy.

Pirate Trooper: Well armed and armored, Pirate Troopers make up the backbone of the Pirate Armada.

Pirate Commando: Well armed, but lightly armored, Pirate Commandos are excellent tacticians. Like bounty hunters, they have a number of gadgets at their disposal.

Pirate Grenadier: Heavily armored explosive expert. Pirate Grenadiers carry a number of bombs on them at all times.

Luminoth

The Luminoth are the indiginous species of Aether. They have been locked in a war with the Ing for decades, resulting in many of their people dying. They wish to see Aether restored back to its once pristine beauty.

Luminoth Warrior: The frontline soldier for the Luminoth. They are equipped with Light-based weaponry for battle against the denizens of Dark Aether.

Luminoth Sentinel: Guardians of Aether's temples, Sentinels possess several strange powers, although they are not fully trained soldiers. Sentinels are the only class that can resist the toxic effects of Dark Aether.

Luminoth Engineer: Inventive and curious, Engineers can create and deploy droids and other machinery. They aren't fully trained soldiers, but they know enough about combat to fight.

Ing

The Ing are the indiginous species of Dark Aether. They have been locked in a war with the Luminoth for decades, and although many have died, the Ing still outnumber the Luminoth by many. They wish to see Aether destroyed so Dark Aether can fully exist.

Warrior Ing: The warrior class of the Ing Horde, Warrior Ing are powerful and tenacious. Like most Ing, they can possess other creatures for a short time, or in some cases, indefinetly.

Hunter Ing: An Ing bred for seeking out the Horde's enemies. Hunter Ing have the ability to phase out of the local timespace for a short while. They are also the only Ing that can exist on Light Aether without a host. However, unlike most Ing, Hunter Ing cannot possess targets.

Ingclaw: An Ing born with a durable exoskeleton. Ingclaws can spew poison at their targets, and like Warrior Ing, they can possess creatures. They are slow moving and can be damaged by heavy fire or explosions.

Post format

Post your character! Here's an example:

Name: Umbra
Race: Luminoth
Description: Umbra was born during the height of the Luminoth-Ing war. He has strived to defeat all Ing.
Alignment: Neutral
Primary Weapon: None
Secondary Weapon: None
Armor: None
Storage: None

When you post your character, I will PM you a quick test. The test will determine what class your character will be. If you don't like your class, that's fine, you may change it later.

**Edit**

I realize that some of you may not like their results. If you would rather create your own class, that is okay, but you will have to give me a list of pros and cons. If you would like to take the PM test, let me know.

Oh, I forgot one thing! Alignments!
Don't worry, all of you are Neutral for now. In time, though, your alignment may begin to slip either to Light or to Dark.

All right, feel free to post! Oh, and try to make your descriptions...well, descriptive, please. It helps teh story that way.

Last edited by Poppy Bill on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Draconor

Draconor

Honor : 11550

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 9:16 pm

Name: Drago Fortuna
Race: Galactic Federation
Description: Drago Fortuna is the second half of the (in)famous Fortuna brothers, bounty hunters who work throughout the galaxy to rid the federation of crime. Although his ethics may not be in full coordination with the Galactic Federation's, if the pay is good and there is crime in the area, he will be there. His choice of weaponry can also be described as "exotic". He bears the tattoos "D" and "F" on his right and left cheeks respectively.

Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

Honor : 11282

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 9:38 pm

Name: Izrail Ridlus
Race: Space Pirate
Description: Izrail (or Iz for short) had been raised in the ways of combat since he was a young one, trained by his parents to become the best fighter in the space pirate legion. His father (belonging to Ridley's personal guard) crafted him into the finest of soldiers. However, it just wasn't enough. He felt restricted in the lifestyle of a pirate, questioning it, unlike the rest of his race. After witnessing the acts of the forces that opposed them, (bounty hunters, the federation, etc.) he broke away from the army and became a renegade. He is not necessarily good, though he often tries to do what he feels right, though it is a tad misguided at times. Despite this, he will do anything for a price, and has not quite abandoned his pirating ways, still stealing, still getting a high from fighting others.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Fighter

Frozen Fighter

Honor : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 10:16 pm

Name: Linus
Race: Lynx
Description: Linus grew up on the planet Aether and was 2 years old when the meteor hit it. He gained the abnormal ability to live to extremely old ages when the meteor hit. Linus has only been through about 45-60% of his life cycle at current time. He is a very large lynx due to that fact. He is roughly 3 meters long and 1 meter tall. He has dark tan fur, with a large greenish grey stripe running diagonally down his back from his front right shoulder to the left of his tail. His eyes are a deep blue, brimming with intelligence. He has vowed to help the Luminoth in restoring peace to their planet of Aether. Linus is very quick witted and has an emense capacity for humor.

Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

Honor : 10667

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:08 am

Name: Azrak Salinus
Race: Galactic Federation
Description: Azrak is a Bounty Hunter working under the employ of the Galactic Federation. He is known as the #2 Bounty Hunter of the universe and was hired by the Supreme Council itself for reasons which are not known to most of the Federation. He has been seen hunting Space Pirates and Ing. He is known as a completely ruthless mercenary, devoid of any compassion, focussed only on the job, the money and the pleasure he gets from killing. Az wears a white armour suit which stops at the neck, his hair is white and long and hangs over a black mask which he wears at all times. The extent of his weaponry is unknown, but he is often seen fighting with a laser scythe and shock coil. He is a skilled tracker and a deadly sharpshooter.
Back to top Go down
ookaminami

ookaminami

Honor : 20583

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 1:53 am

Name: Astra
Race: space pirate
Description: Astra is a space pirate and always has been. She loves to fight, and never questions the way things are. She also has a strong dislike for renegades.

Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:29 pm

Probably gonna leave the sign ups up for one more day. Tomorrow, I think we shall begin!

So, if you wanna participate in this RP, please sign up!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 1:00 pm

All right, I think this is a good bunch o' people! No more sign-ups will be accepted. I'm gonna leave the topic open for discussion and thoughts and what have you.
Back to top Go down
Draconor

Draconor

Honor : 11550

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Azk, I just realised we are both working for the GF and both infamous bounty hunters, things work alot quicker when we team up?

I'm willing to ally myself with another master of the trade ;)
Back to top Go down
Frozen Fighter

Frozen Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:00 pm

So... do you GF pplz want some help? lulz, cuz it appears that you need it.
Back to top Go down
ookaminami

ookaminami

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:09 pm

Don't help them. D:< xP jk
Back to top Go down
Frozen Fighter

Frozen Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:18 pm

But i kinda gotta help 'em since they are being attacked by creatures from Dark Aether.
Back to top Go down
ookaminami

ookaminami

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:53 pm

you have a point.
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:14 am

Yeah Draco, I'm all keen for that :3

... So long as you don't get in my way.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:26 pm

Hey, Azk and FF, you need to post. You two are actually in the most danger right now.

FF, to recap, you are battling against an Alpha Splinter in the Great Temple. If you don't post, it's highly likely that you will take serious damage or even get killed by this thing.

Azk, to recap, you are trapped with two other troopers inside the unfinished GF base. There are Dark Splinters attempting to break down the door. If you don't post, it's highly likely that you will get killed (or possibly worse).

Remember peoples, I'll give you a few days to post, but if you don't, there may be consequences.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:09 am

FF has posted. Huzzah!

Azk still needs to post, though. I'll give him one more day to pst. After that...well...
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:07 am

*cough* On my way *cough*
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:52 am

Yay! Azk posted! I'll post the next round soon.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Kay, so, I posted the next round. Two people did not post, and therefore have recieved...A STRIKE!!! :O

Just try to post guys. Thanks. Oh, and if you happen to miss another round, well...

Very bad things will happen. Let's never speak of this again.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Fighter

Frozen Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Oh, um, yea, totally was gonna post, but then I forgot...
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:08 pm

K, Ima continue Echoes tomorrow. If Azk fails to post by then, something terrible will befall Azrak! Really, it's a doozy! Like, nuclear apocalypse doozy! Minus the nuclear apocalypse!

It's bad, ok?

Actually, there is a part of me that doesn't want Azk to post so I can go all godly on Azrak XD...but on the other hand, I really don't want the doozy to befall Azk's character. 'Cause it's pretty bad.

So, Azk, if you happen to read this, post! Or don't! Really, either is fine with me...but the latter will result in teh doozy...
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:06 pm

I was talking to Kate in the chatbox, and she brought up some important stuff. So...

Possession

Sometimes, not everything works out. If you get possessed, you will have to pay an honor fine to expel the Ing from your body. The amount has yet to be decided.

This is called a Willsmasher fine.

Alignments and Benefits

There are three alignments. Each alignment has benefits, so...

Light: Light means that you have sided with the Luminoth and Light Aether. Light people have the added bonuses of being able to generate Light beacons, become resistant to Light weapons, and more. The downside, however, is that Ing will attack you more ferverently than normal, and you become weaker to Dark based weapons.

Neutral: Neutral people recieve no bonuses. They are equally resistant to both Light and Dark. Ing will attack them, but with less fervor. Luminoth will trust them, but to a degree.

Dark: Dark people have sided with the Ing and Dark Aether. Dark people have the added bonus of being immune to Dark Aether's atmosphere, resistant to Dark based weaponry, and Ing will not attack them. The downside, however, is that Dark is weaker to Light based weapons, and Luminoth will attack you on sight. Dark people also have the added weakness of being weakened by light beacons.

Alignment Change

Tired of being Good and want to begin a life of crime? Or perhaps the Villan wants to repent their past sins and become a Hero? If you want to change your alignment, but don't want to have to keep doing Light or Dark deeds, then you may pay Honor Points to switch automatically! Just remember, though, alliances will shift because of your alignment.

Also, a note: Neutrals cannot pay for an Alignment Change. You can't become the opposite of a fence sitter. A fence NOT-sitter? Nope, ain't gonna happen. Only Light or Dark aligned players can pay to change their alignment.
Back to top Go down
Zevandir

Zevandir

Honor : 10263

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:23 pm

Heya Billeh, here is mah Bio-

Forum Name: Zevandir
Character Name: Nenshou Kaen
Race: Luminoth
Description: Can I be an adopted Lumintoh please? I wanna be human. Nenshou is a young man, porbably in either his late teens or early twenties, he can't remember for sure. Nenshou Kaen means Burning Flame, and is consdiered appropriate by the Luminoth, as Nenshou fights with a ferocity and anger of Fire. Nenshou is of slightly-taller-than-average height, with straight, almsot gothic (style) blonde hair, a violet streak at the front. Nenshou has seen only small combat, but loves projectile-based weaponry, firing and changing them with skill. Nenshou also occasionally gets carried away and writes too much in the description section of RP signups.
Class: PM test please?

RP thigny-

Character Name: Nenshou Kaen

Alignment: Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Echoes (Characters)   Echoes (Characters) I_icon_minitime