Creed of Honor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A clan based around artwork, gaming, and much much more.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Make sure to find our chatbox, and catch the live stream! ~RQ

The God King

Go down 
+4
ookaminami
Frozen Fighter
Arata
Poppy Bill
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

Honor : 11268

The God King - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:35 am

:O I can't wait! You are an awesome writer Bill :D
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

Honor : 11429

PostSubject: Chapter 34: Thanatos   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:08 am

"I did it." Anselm whispered. He turned towards the beaten Twilight Knights. "I did it!" he shouted.

"What exactly did he do?" Azk asked Bill. Bill only shrugged.

"He's going to summon Thanatos!" Leyla cried.

"Thanatos?" Bill asked. "He's an old legend. He doesn't really exist."

"I had hoped you would be smarter than that, William." Anselm chuckled. "He's as real as you and me." Anselm turned towards the gate. "And I'll prove it."

The gate seemed to roar now that it was recieving power.

"O mighty Thanatos!" Anselm cried. "Forgotten God! He whom Gods dare not speak of! It is I, your faithful servant!"

A shadowy voice echoed from within the gate. The voice made Bill and Azk's skins want to crawl.

"Anselm..." whispered the shadowy voice. "It has been months..."

"Indeed, my lord, it has." Anselm replied.

"I am...so weak..." the voice barely called back.

"I have brought nourishment!" Anselm cried. He grabbed Leyla and shoved her forward.

"The girl is of pure heart and purer soul!" Anselm said. "She will restore you to your former glory!"

Suddenly, a hand reached out from within the gate. A prone form slowly pulled itself through, too weak to stand. The creature wore a black veil over its face. It's limbs looked sinewy and overall, the creature appeared to be half-starved. It's skin was pale, so disgustingly pale that it almost made Leyla sick.

The creature drew near to Leyla, sniffing her as it did.

"Ah..." it mused. "You are quite the morsel. Much different from other meals I've had. So...pure..."

Before Leyla could react, the creature opened its mouth and planted it's cold lips on Leyla's. She screamed and struggled and kicked, but the creature would not be denied. It seemed to inhale loudly, pulling away from Leyla as it did. A white, ethereal mass seemed to be siphoned out of Leyla's mouth and into the being before her.

Leyla stopped screaming. Her eyes closed. Her body fell over, limp.

Thanatos laughed and stood up, suddenly appearing strong. Bits of a light blue ethereal mass dripped off of his lips.

"L-Leyla..." Arata tried to cry out. He raised his hand futilely, then allowed it to fall.

"How was she?" Anselm asked.

"Exquisite." Thanatos replied, his voice now sounding watery. "It's a shame you didn't find more like her!"

"I have held up my end of the deal, Lord Thanatos." Anselm said, lowering his head as he did so. "You have been revived, and you are on the Material Plane once more. It is time for you to hold up your end of the deal."

"Ah, yes..." Thanatos mused. "You wish for me to destroy this world?"

"Yes." Anselm replied curtly.

Thanatos was silent for a moment.

"No."

Anselm's eyes flared. "No? What do you mean no?!"

"I came to this world to conquer it for the gods!" Thanatos explained. "This world is an absolute paradise! And you want me to destroy it just so you can rule it?"

Anselm looked like he could explode. "B-but I freed you!" he roared. "The one who frees you has control over you!"

Thanatos howled with laughter. "What moron told you that?!" he asked between laughs. "I serve no man or woman!"

"This world doesn't belong to the mortal scum!" Thanatos snarled. "It's time someone showed that to you!"

Thanatos leapt at Anselm, landing deftly next to him. Anselm punched out, catching the god across the face.

But Thanatos didn't even budge. "Ah, come now!" he taunted. "Surely you can do better than that!"

Thanatos retaliated, punching Anselm across the jaw and launching him off to the side.

"This world belongs to me!" Thanatos roared. "It's my right!"

"That's it!" Azk said. "We gotta do something, Bill!"

Bill nodded, but what could they possibly do? Even Anselm's mighty power had proved to be next to useless against a god!

Wait a minute...

"We can't stand up to Thanatos." Bill said. "But the gods can!"

"And what makes you think good ol' Moradin is just gonna pop out of the sky?" Azk asked.

Thanatos sniffed the air, turning towards the assassin and warrior.

"Fresh game." he said, slowly approaching.

"The gods themselves won't help us, no." Bill explained, motioning for Azk to back up away from Thanatos.

"But they left behind keys so we could help ourselves!"

Thanatos shot forward, racing towards Azk.

"Azk! Look out!" Bill cried.

Azk tried to dodge, but Thanatos was far too agile. He grabbed the assassin with one powerful hand and held him tightly.

Azk spat. His last act of defiance.

Thanatos chuckled, then inhaled, siphoning Azk's soul.

"AZK!" Bill cried.

Thanatos dropped the now lifeless body, turning towards Bill.

"It's funny, really." Thanatos said. "The assassin believes that you can stop him."

"Him?" Bill asked, confused.

"He is a part of me, now!" Thanatos cried. "And your enemy!"

To prove it, an ethereal dagger suddenly appeared in the Harbinger's hand. With one quick move, he threw the dagger expertly, in the same style that Azk would normally throw his own dagger.

Bill dropped, letting the dagger whistle overhead. He hopped back up on his feet, glaring at the demonic god.

Thanatos suddenly stooped over Azk's body and plucked the pendant from around his neck.

"Hmm..." Thanatos mused. "What the hell is this for?"

Fete!" A familiar voice cried out.

A fireball slammed into the god, causing him to stagger and drop the pendant.

"Selena!" Bill cried.

Selena rushed over to Bill. "I saw Azk..." She choked. "I-I thought I could help by sticking to the shadows and attacking, but...look at what happened!"

"Selena, I need you to focus." Bill said. "Help me. I think we can stop this thing, but I need you now!"

Selena wiped the tears from her eyes and nodded, steeling her gaze.

"The pendant." she said. "Azk told me it was enchanted. It might help, if you can get it."

A roar suddenly broke the conversation. Thanatos had put out the flames. He didn't look hurt.

Just really pissed.

"I'll hold him off!" Selena cried, her arms transforming into her familiar shadow claws. "Get the pendant and speak 'Anu' to it!"

Thanatos rushed at Selena, who deftly sidestepped him. Bill was tempted to help her, but realized nothing good would come of it. He ran over to Azk's body and picked the pendant up. It looked like an Agares, like the one Azk had fought days earlier.

He dropped the pendant on the ground and spoke "Anu!"

The pendant shook violently, then suddenly shattered. An emerald green mist rose from the broken pieces and formed together, forming a solid being.

The creature looked like a cross between a humanoid and an insect. It had an onyx black exoskeleton, glowing red eyes, a split jaw, and a long, prehensile and bladed tail.

"An Agares..." Bill whispered.

The creature spun around to face Bill, growling as it did. "Who has called me from the depths of the Plane of Earth?" it asked.

"Your master!" Bill replied. "Azk! With his final breath-"

"Azk?!" the creature roared. "He banished me to the Plane of Earth for 100 years! Why should I help that..."

The Agares stopped as it took in the scene before it. Azk lay unmoving in the grass. "He is dead?" Anu asked.

"I don't know." Bill answered, glancing over at Selena. She was holding her own, but just barely. Thanatos had her on the ropes. She wouldn't last much longer.

"He killed Azk?" the Agares asked, surprise in its voice.

"He was MINE to kill!" Anu shouted, charging toward Thanatos. The Agares smashed into the demon god, knocking him off of Selena and stabbing him several times with his tail.

Selena backed off from the fight, wounded and clearly out of breath. Anu seemed to have gained the upper hand in the battle.

For now, Bill thought.

"What do we do?" Selena asked breathlessly.

"I need to think of a plan." Bill said. "Right now, go tend to the wounded. Nami especially."

"But I can help!" Selena protested.

"And you will!" Bill retorted. "Go help Nami and the others! They need you!"

Selena waited for a few more seconds before nodding and rushing off.

Bill looked back toward Thanatos. The demon god was back on the offensive, punching Anu across the face and sending the creature sprawling. Bill wondered just how much time he had to plan his counter-offensive.

Anselm climbed shakily back onto his feet. Thanatos' punch had launched him farther than he had expected. The lich glanced up into the sky, noting that the sun had been blocked out by dark crimson clouds.

"Thanatos tricked me." Anselm said. "Thanatos betrayed me."

The lich was silent for a moment.

"This wasn't supposed to happen." Anselm whispered to himself. "I was supposed to save the world."

By killing your only son and by sacrificing an innocent girl? he thought to himself.

It was at this moment that Anselm's actions actually dawned on him. How had he planned to save the world? By destroying it? By destroying this beautiful world that he had met Lillandra in?

Anselm looked at himself for the first time in years. He was nothing more than a skeleton. A jumble of calcium and cartiledge.

He was hollow. Empty inside.

"What have I become?" Anselm asked himself. "Am I nothing more than a mere monster? Did the dark power corrupt me?"

William was right. Lillandra would be turning in her grave right now if she knew what Anselm had been doing.

Anselm looked to the gate in the center of town. It still raged. Perhaps he could fix this. Yes, he thought. Perhaps he could seal Thanatos away once more, and pay true tribute to his beloved.

Thanatos gripped Anu tightly around the throat.

"Disgusting insect." Thanatos grumbled, squeezing hard.

Anu's exoskeleton cracked, then finally shattered, revealing his soft flesh underneath.

The Agares kicked and fought, but not even a mighty earth elemental could fight off a god.

"Anu!" Bill called.

Anu, hearing the call once more, began to fade into a mist, a retreat into the Plane of Earth. The Agares pendant suddenly reformed and reshaped itself, returning to its pristine former self.

Thanatos didn't seem to care that the Agares had escaped. He turned his gaze on Bill. Bill needed to think fast. He knew he couldn't kill Thanatos. But...

But what if he could seal Thanatos away again?

Bill rushed over to the small alter, where Arata was struggling to his feet.

"Arata, stay down!" Bill cried.

Arata stubbornly shook his head and shakily stood up. Bill glanced quickly behind him, only to see Thanatos slowly closing in. It almost seemed to Thanatos that this was but a game.

"He...he got Leyla..." Arata muttered, walking over to Hokkyoku. He lifted the blade off of its pedistal and tried to assume a combat stance.

Bill looked at the gate. Even though Hokkyoku had been removed, the gate continued to rage on.

"I'm gonna kill you." Arata spoke to the approaching entity.

"Oh, really?" Thanatos laughed.

Thanatos rushed forward, but Arata was ready. He swung Hokkyoku hard, slicing across Thanatos' chest. Thanatos screeched and jumped backward, Hokkyoku glowing brightly.

"Damnable weapon of the Gods!" Thanatos hissed. "How appropriate that Arcterra's weapon is in your hands, hm?"

Arata cocked his head in confusion. "What do you mean by that?"

Thanatos laughed and rushed again, but Arata merely brought Hokkyoku up and slashed. Another cut. Another shriek.

Bill looked over to Selena. As a Shadowmancer, she knew limited healing magic. Frozen appeared to be back on his feet and ready for action, Cyra had yet to be treated, and Nami was still bleeding, albeit less profusly.

"Arata!" Bill said.

"Yeah?" the duelist replied, barely dodging another of Thanatos' wild attacks.

"Go help Selena! I think I have a plan!"

Bill grabbed Magnama off of its pedistal. Even though now fire and water were missing, the gate was still open. Bill suddenly feared that perhaps the gate was unstable. Still, he didn't have time to worry about it. He needed to put his plan into action.

Magnama reacted to Bill, igniting itself with bright blue flames. Arata nodded to Bill and sped past the god to aid Nami and the others.

"You and me, Thanatos." Bill growled.

"Hardly." Thanatos huffed. The demon god opened its mouth and exhaled hard. An ehtereal white substance floated out of its mouth and landed on the ground, forming into Azk.

"Azk?" Bill breathed.

"Kill him." Thanatos ordered. Azk's eyes opened, glowing a fierce blue. He drew two spiritual longswords and rushed at Bill. Bill, too surprised by this sudden twist, couldn't dodge the first strike and got cut across the chest. Gathering his wits, Bill hopped backward, narrowly avoiding the second strike.

"Oh no." Selena breathed.

"What, what is it?" Arata asked.

"Azk." was all she could say.

Arata turned, his jaw dropping. Azk's spirit was battling Bill!

"He needs help!" Arata said. Just as the duelist was about to rush off, Thanatos approaching stayed him.

"I'll help him out!" Frozen said. The ranger sheathed his longswords and dashed towards the alter.

"You humans are so troublesome." Thanatos grumbled. "Always running from here to there."

Selena morphed her hands into shadow claws. "Arata, heal Nami up. I'll protect you."

Arata nodded, covering Nami's wound with his healing water. Selena rushed toward the god, but Thanatos had been expecting that. He sidestepped the Shadowmancer and grabbed her by the back of the hair. He inhaled, siphoning out her soul.

"Damn it, no!" Arata growled. He tried to stand, but Thanatos was suddenly faster. The demon slammed into Arata, knocking him away and standing over Nami. He leaned close and inhaled deeply, siphoning out the fighter's soul.

"Power flows through me!" Thanatos roared. He stood up and sped towards Arata.

Bill parried and blocked Azk, but he was no longer a being of the mortal world. He didn't tire, and his strikes never missed their mark.

"Getting tired, Billy?" the spirit asked.

"Azk...this isn't you!"

The spirit cackled and rushed forward, pushing Bill to his limit. The axe was too slow to actually counter with. Bill considered dropping his guard to attack, but he knew if he did, Azk would tear him to shreds.

WHAM!

An arrow thudded into Azk's chest. Bill spun around and smirked. Frozen had grabbed Yumi, his trusted bow.

"Damn, I missed this thing!" Frozen cried happily as he nocked another arrow. He let the arrow fly, slamming it into Azk's head. The spirit evaporated and flew off, hurt, but not destroyed.

Bill and Frozen looked back to their wounded and gasped. Nami and Selena were dead still, and Arata was being hard pressed to defend his position.

"Grab his attention." Bill ordered.

"Yessir." Frozen said, nocking three arrows at once. He took careful aim, and let the arrows fly!

A sudden burning sensation broke Thanatos' concentration on his fight. He spun around, seeing the warrior and the ranger, both armed with holy weapons. The god howled in frustration and anger, and rushed at the two.

Arata, tired as he was, wasn't about to let Bill and Frozen face Thanatos alone. He followed right behind Thanatos, tired and weary, but not ready to give up yet.

Thanatos came to a halt in front of the two. "Three against one, huh?" he asked, noting Arata coming up from behind.

Arata stood next to Bill, and assumed a combat stance. Frozen nocked another arrow, and Bill ignited Magnama.

"Let's even the odds, shall we?" Thanatos exhaled deeply, causing a stream of white mist to fly out of his mouth. The mist materialized into four familiar beings: Selena, Nami, Azk, and Leyla.

"Leyla..." Arata breathed.

"No! That's not her!" Bill said, shaking Arata. "It's a ghost, a shell, a ghoul. It's not Leyla."

Selena's hands transformed, Azk drew his blades, Nami drew her dagger and katana, and Leyla brought her hands up.

"We can't win." Arata whispered. Bill was about to say something, when he stopped. Arata was right. They couldn't win. Not without assistance.

But who could help? Cyra was still injured, and Xavier was out cold thanks to Anselm's explosion.

Phonoblast! a voice cried.

A sudden shockwave of sound struck the alter, throwing the spirits into the air and causing Thanatos to stumble.

Anselm leapt into the air and landed next to the three remaining knights.

"You!" Arata growled.

"You need me right now." Anselm said.

"Why should we trust you?" Bill asked. "It's your fault that this is happening!"

Anselm said nothing. He couldn't say anything.

"Your mother would have wanted it this way." Anselm muttered.

Anselm looked over at his son. "Give me Magnama."

"Why?" Bill asked.

"I'm going to seal Thanatos away again, and I need a weapon! Give me the axe!"

Bill hesitated for just a second.

A second too long.

Thanatos rushed forward, kicking Bill hard and sending him rolling. He dropped Magnama and hit the ground.

Anselm wasted no time. He scooped up his son's fallen weapon and swung at Thanatos.

"Come on!" Anselm cried. "Give me a real fight!"

Thanatos laughed. "With pleasure!" he growled.

Arata and Frozen tried to jump in, but Thanatos exhaled again, sending the four spirits their way.

"That's it!" Anselm cried. "One on one! Fight me!"

Thanatos, utilizing Selena's power, materialized a sword out of the air and swung at Anselm. Anselm blocked the strike and shoved his weapon forward, pushing Thanatos back. The lich turned and ran toward the gate. Just as Anselm had hoped, the gate had become unstable. Even without the keys, the gate would continue fueling itself.

"C'mon, you dumb, old bastard." Anselm muttered. "Make things right again."

Thanatos gave chase, and struck Anselm with the shadow blade. Anselm yelped in pain. He had actually felt that. He retaliated, with a swing of Magnama. The axe head hit and embedded itself into Thanatos' chest. The demon howled and roared, but now Anselm had gained the upper hand.

Anselm lifted Thanatos off the ground and swung the axe hard, throwing the god back through the gate. Anselm dropped the axe. Now, he would repay those that suffered at his hands.

The lich leapt through the gate and into the crushing blackness of the Abyss.

"I don't believe it!" Arata cried.

Frozen stabbed Spirit Nami through the chest, causing her to fall back.

"What?"

Bill's eyes widened. "He went into the gate." Bill spun around with Mandurugo drawn and fended off Spirit Selena.

The Abyss was cold. Even though Anselm was a lich, he could feel it. Icy cold. As cold as the southlands.

Thanatos got back on his feet. "What have you accomplished, lich?" he snarled. "The gate is still open! I can get out!"

Anselm ignored him. He ran at Thanatos, and called upon his strongest magicks.

Anselm drew close to the god and inhaled, copying Thanatos' terrible power.

"Wait, what are you doing?!" Thanatos cried. The souls of Nami, Selena, Leyla, and Azk flew from Thanatos and into Anselm.

"I still have my power!" Thanatos roared. "Even if you take the spirits away!"

Anselm turned towards the gate. He likely would only have one shot at this.

He raised his hand and shot the spirits back into the Material Plane.

"They will be restored." Anselm said. "In time."

Anselm could hear Thanatos rushing for the gate again. The lich created a sphere of explosive energy and began to charge it until it turned dark red.

He tossed the sphere just outside of the gate.

"Catch."

The only thing the three knights heard was the deafening explosion. They all turned to see what had happened. The Millenial Gateway twisted from the force of the blast, finally breaking from its supports. The sheer weight of the gate was far to heavy for the now broken supports to hold.

The stone cracked and tumbled, falling apart and destroying the gateway.

The last thing Bill, Arata, and Frozen heard was the sound of angered screaming and the sound of content laughter.
Back to top Go down
Zevandir

Zevandir

Honor : 10249

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 7:32 am

:O stunned :p
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

Honor : 10653

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:26 am

Awesome chapter Bill. I could totally imagine that as an anime battle or something xD
Epic way to finish it off.
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:47 am

.................what else can I say but utterly amazing!
Back to top Go down
ookaminami

ookaminami

Honor : 20569

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:02 pm

Amazing chapter bill. =)
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Epilogue   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:04 pm

Bill sat in Steel's empty throne room. The multicolored braziers that had once lit the area were now doused, and the orange light of ordinary torches had replaced them.

After the battle at Mobius, While Frozen and Arata went to check on the wounded, Bill made his way over to the remnants of the destroyed Millenial Gate. He had wondered what had prompted Anselm's change of heart. Was it merely because he had been betrayed by Thanatos? Or was it because in the end, he realized who he wanted to be?

Bill had been shaken from his thoughts when Arata had called him over, saying that everyone was coming to. Arata had sat next to Leyla and was holding her close. Frozen reached down for Nami's hand and helped her back up on her feet. Selena and Azk were grasping hands tightly. Bill smiled and went to check on the others.

Xavier was slowly standing up, consciousness returning to him. Cyra was sitting down, a bloody dagger next to her, her leg still bleeding.

Bill had quickly wrapped her leg and formally introduced himself. Cyra did the same. They began to talk, when Leyla whispered something in Arata's ear.

"And here we are." Bill said, his voice echoing in the lonely throne room. Leyla had taken the Twilight Knights over to Steel Fire's body. None of the knights could believe their eyes. After an hour of scouring the area, they found the corpses of Rayzer and Slayer as well.

They brought the bodies back to the Twilight Realm to have them properly buried.

Bill was now waiting for the others to come to the throne room. They needed to decide who would become the next ruler of the Twilight.

The door to the throne room swung open, and Selena, Azk, Arata, Leyla, and Xavier stepped in. The last real remaining members of the Twilight, though Bill was sure Cyra and Nami would be sworn in soon enough.

The five other knights sat in a circle, not speaking a word. The silence in the throne room was deafening.

"We should get to business, then." Azk spoke, breaking the silence. "As you all know, Steel, Slayer, and Rayzer have...passed."

Bill looked behind himself to the throne. The body of the Twilight Wolf, Finrod, lay still. Steel's death meant the death of Finrod as well.

"What are we to do?" Bill asked, more to himself than anyone else. "The emperor and all of his heirs are dead. Even Finrod is no more." the warrior sighed.

"We'll find another heir." Selena said.

"Another heir that can wield Shadikal?" Bill retorted, a bit more sharply than he intended. Still, Bill had a point. Shadikal would choose the next ruler of the Twilight, the Knights would merely find canidates.

"If we can't find an heir, or Shadikal refuses to choose another heir," Bill explained. "Then this realm will unravel itself. The Emperor represents the order brought by the Twilight. Without him or her, this place will cease to exist."

The others were silent. Even Xavier had nothing to say.

"All right." Azk said at length. "Then here's what we'll do. As I am the highest ranked member of the Twilight Knights at the moment, I will take on the role of a temporary leader, until we can decide a proper course of action. Until we do, we will continue our duties as Lore's defenders."

"What of our enemies?" Xavier asked. "If they learn of Steel's death-"

"They will not." Azk said.

"We'll keep Steel's, Rayzer's, and Slayer's death a secret." Bill said, looking to Azk for confirmation. "We'll hold a private burial in the Twilight Realm and have them entombed."

Azk nodded. "Exactly. We will continue on with our daily work, and keep our leader's death a secret to all."

"Can we really do that?" Leyla asked.

"We have no choice." Azk replied.

The meeting adjourned soon after that. The knights returned to their daily tasks, but Bill left with a bitter taste in his mouth. They had succeeded...but at what cost? They lost Steel, Rayzer, Slayer...not to mention Mobius. He was sure there would be repercussions for that.

The warrior sighed and made his way to the ramparts of the Twilight Castle that looked out over the Twilit Fields. Not far from the castle, the townspeople continued on with their daily lifes, unaware of their Emperor's passing. Bill sighed again.

"Hey." a voice said.

Bill jumped, and spun around. Standing next to him was Cyra, the cryomancer who had experienced a change of heart. Her leg was no longer bandaged or bleeding, likely that Xavier had healed her with his powerful restorative magic.

"So...I'm a Twilight Knight now." she said. "At least, that's what the assass--I mean, Azkikr told me."

Bill smiled at her, then turned back to the scene before him. Cyra walked up next to him, and looked out into the Twilight Fields.

"They're beautiful..." Cyra admired. "It's so peaceful here, don't you think? The last time I was here, I felt...balanced. At ease, you know?" She turned to Bill, seeking a response from the warrior.

Bill gave a small laugh. "Yeah, I know the feeling." he said. "The Twilight Realm can touch the hearts and minds of a select few individuals. It makes them feel at home, like they belong here."

Cyra smiled, then looked to the floor. "Fyra..." she said. "When she entered the realm...it was like, nothing had touched her. She was still just as hotheaded, just as passionate as she always had been." Cyra blinked away the tears that were beginning to form. "She didn't deserve to go like that..." she whispered.

Bill looked back out to the open fields, suddenly at a loss for words. The image of Anselm, his father, crushing that poor girl's skull...

What had inspired Anselm's sudden change of heart? When they had spoken, Anselm hadn't said, other than Lillandra would have wanted it this way. Did he only change because he realized Thanatos was far too powerful to control? Or had he meant what he had said? Did he remember the love he had once had?

Bill patted Cyra gently on the shoulder. "I'm sorry." was all Bill could say.

Cyra wiped her eyes and smiled. "It's not your fault." she said.

The two stood in silence for several moments. It was Cyra that broke the silence.

"What do we do now?" she asked.

Bill chuckled. "We remain vigilant." he answered. "We await for the next threat to Lore to surface, and then, when the time comes, we take action and strike it down. We preserve the peace."

Cyra seemed satisfied with that, and told Bill that she was going to introduce herself to the other Twilight Knights. When she had gone, Bill was left alone to his thoughts.

"There's a shadow over this realm." Bill whispered to himself. "If we cannot find another suitable emperor, then I fear we Twilight Knights will be living on borrowed time."

"Hey Bill!" Arata's voice rang out.

Bill turned to see Arata jogging towards him.

"Some of our scouts have returned from the Dwarfhold Mountains." He explained. "They say that Drakath has a new Chaos Lord. Azk wants us suited up and ready to go." He quickly examined Bill. "Are you ready?"

Bill smiled. If the Knights were on borrowed time, then they needed to make the best of it.

"Always." he replied.

Last edited by Poppy Bill on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:32 pm

...and now...for number three! xD Great cliffhanger Bill
Back to top Go down
Azk

Azk

Honor : 10653

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Oh emm gee! Bill's gonna die!

Yeah, inc #3 =p
Back to top Go down
Yopomo

Yopomo

Honor : 9988

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:20 pm

wow amazing bill that was fantastic
Back to top Go down
Poppy Bill

Poppy Bill

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:56 pm

Edited the Epilogue and Chapter 32.
Back to top Go down
Arata
Creative
Creative
Arata

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Awesome! I really like the new ending Billeh :D
Back to top Go down
ookaminami

ookaminami

Honor : 20569

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:42 pm

I like this new ending better. yay ^_^
Back to top Go down
Draconor

Draconor

Honor : 11536

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:31 am

Just got through reading it this morning, I'm so glad I read this, an awesome story Bill.
You've turned into one hell of a writer :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The God King   The God King - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The God King
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4